Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: plz help me

Question plz help me

hello everybody
    when i run my laptop , it gives me this msg :

what's the problem and how can i fix it ??

My French is more than a little rusty but thanks to Google Translate, the message reads "Your Internet security settings have prevented the opening of one or of several individual files."

Were you doing any updates or adding programs before this all happened?

Although there may be a chance there's malware on the machine, my first suggestion would be to attempt a system restore and take it back to the most recent save. Do you need help walking you through this? What version of Windows are you running?
    "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" ~ Ben Franklin

ty

i have win 7 pro , but i don't have the Dvd anymore , is there any other solution beside the restauration ??
    should i scan my computer , i have the last version of avira with last update

There may be other solutions apart from doing a system restore, but it all depends on what's causing the issue. Do a full scan of your laptop with Avira to see if it picks up anything.

There are other members on the forum who can help you by walking you through using a program called HijackThis. If you do find infections, try cleaning them off, rebooting the laptop, and then attempting to do what you were doing when the error message came up.
    "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" ~ Ben Franklin

Have you searched though a direct google yourself.
    Take nice care of yourselves - Paul - ♪ -
    Help to start using BiNG. Some stuff about Boot CDs & Data Recovery Basics & Back-up using Knoppix.

Thread Information