Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Is somebody hacking me?

Post Is somebody hacking me?

Man ill just be sitting here ,a nd my cpu will just log on without me even trying to log on. 56k dialup, and its weird cause sometimes things are change in the internet options and stuff, cant figure it out

------------------
    Sledgehammer will save the day!
    WAR EAGLE

damn Never heard of a virus logging you on line changing things around yes,but not login on? so guess can rule that out.
    you got ZA pro with option to trace?

------------------
    W/Me (memory eater)
    Me Help
    BUDS TS.
    answers
    Want my weapons molon labe

Are you running Real(anything), anything that might be considered spyware (like Web3000, Gator....)

Grab AdAware and give it a spin...I have seen some of the ad based apps do such things...they will try anything to "phone home"...some of them literally.

Have you visited some ...umm...questionable sites? Some of them try to install "dialers" to log you on to...well, we won't go there..

And yeah do a virus scan...won't hurt, and it could be it.

And lastly, you aren't doing AOL, are you?

------------------
    mjc
    Links list:Computer Links

Celts are the men that heaven made mad, For all their battles are merry and their songs are all sad.
    AV, Anti-Trojan List;Browser and Email client List;Popup Killer List;Portable Apps
    “When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine
    Remember: Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titantic."

No aol, got gator though, yeah i was thinking it was like a cookie attachment, no viruses either.Also just downloaded zonealarm, see what happens now.Got earthlink, fixing to change to msn, cause earthlink is getting teerrible, cause i dont ge t a goo d connection or it will just stop downloaded a page, wonder if it related?hmmm

------------------
    WAR EAGLE

Question

Do you have your internet settings to 'auto connect' ??

If so any running communication programs can log you back in, or, if you have Outlook Express running and have it set to check for new mail every so often and have it set to always connect.

------------------
    sea1_69@hotmail.com

homepage

~

Good call sea and mjc, i got it on autoconnect. That might be it, but dont know bout outlook though.will check out thanks

------------------
    WAR EAGLE

if OE is set to "connect even when working offline"...................and OE and Outlook share the same settings as IE.

------------------
    sea1_69@hotmail.com

homepage

~

Thread Information