Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: MP3 Burning

Post MP3 Burning

I burned about 100 mp3's on a cd, but it will not play in my stereo or car stereo. On the tracks status it only reads as one track not 100. It works perfectly fine on my computer. I'm using Easy CD 5 Platinum edition. Is it even possible to have that many mp3's on a cd that play's in a stereo? I can get 20 mp3's to work, but they consume the whole CD. Where as the 100 mp3's let about 390 additional mb's left over.

Thank you for your help.

------------------
    --=RTD2
    --=http://rtd2html.tripod.com/

What is happening is that you are recording a data cd when you put that many mp3s on one cd. When you have twenty on there it sounds like your software is making an audio cd.

Usually, you choose the type of cd you want to make when you start the burning prog. To play in a regular cd player, you're going to have to make a regualr audio, or cda, cd and be able to fit 74 minutes (650mb) or 80 minutes (700mb) of music.

If you make a data cd with mp3s on it, you'll be able to fit around 650 or 700 minutes worth of music (figuring about 1mb per minute, but this varies depending on bitrate) but you'll only be able to play it on computers or cd players that support mp3 playback...

------------------
    When all else fails, read the instructions.

Microsoft Knowledge Base

Google

Microsoft Knowledge Base

Drivers

Google

I chose to create an audio cd, but i guess it deaults to a data cd if I go over the limit. Need to look into it. That's strange. Thanks for your help.

------------------
    --=RTD2
    --=http://rtd2html.tripod.com/

That must be what it did, although normally it would warn you, or even try to burn and then fail...

------------------

Microsoft Knowledge Base

Drivers

Google

Microsoft Knowledge Base

Drivers

Google

Thread Information