Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Surge Protector for cable modem?

Post Surge Protector for cable modem?

Hello, could anyone advise whether there is a surge protector for cable modems and where it can be obtained. Where I live there is much lightning during the Summer -- I understand many of these external cable modems were destroyed by lightning last Summer. Thanks in advance for your input.

APC has a great power strip that has coax protection, phone line protection along with power surge protection. It is only about $40. you can look for it on apc.com but it is cheaper if you can find it at some wholesale internet site.

but I've seen several cases where a cable modem would not acheive block sync when connected through a "cable in/cable out" surge protector.so my concencise is yes get one and see if there is any interferance if not then you can always get a better one.Basically I turn mine off when it is storming out no need to take chances if you get a direct hit I don't care what your using the system is done for.

------------------

[*] PUSH TO TEST. RELEASE TO DETONATE.
    [Closed captioned for the thinking impaired.]
    Want my weapons molon labe

Thanks Yoda for your quick response. It strikes me as being very wise.

Thread Information