Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: frikkin Rite Aid grrrrrrr

Thumbs down frikkin Rite Aid grrrrrrr

check this out!

(hope the link works... let me know)

btw- the victim is me

Happy Holidaze

------------------
    sea1_69@hotmail.com

homepage

[This message has been edited by sea69 (edited 11-30-2001).]

Link works fine. Dense this morning; assuming the incident happened to you, right? Sorry to hear, but then there are many people in our country that are currently behaving in abnormal and paranoid ways.

Don't know anything else that is "okay" to say here. Don't want to stray into controversial, but did want you to know that I read your post.

Name: David Washburn
    Date: Nov 30, 2001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I Believe that the security guard needs to be repramanded and to loose the job for a year and within that year cannot seek employment in a field where he/she has any control over the public.And to make a public apolagy to the victim.As far as the assistant Mgr. she needs to find a new job she would not be working for me.And i also believe that the district attorny's office should file charges against both the security guard and the assistant Mgr.

Well Sea sorry for what took place but i did make a comment on that to planetfeed back.hope fully it will show up.

------------------
    Treading,Troden,Trails
    HERE

[This message has been edited by YODA74 (edited 11-30-2001).]
    Want my weapons molon labe

Arrow

yes, it was me......... Michael S. = Sean Michael (aka)

I thought long about weather or not to post this in the guide at all. This is my main place on the web, that I come to at ALL hours of the day and night.

I decided to interject something other than pc stuff, and want to thank all that took the time to read this post.

All opinions are welcome, I have allot of trust and in the peoples opinions that share here, and respect for their ability to reason.

YODA, KAY,- I appreciate your support. I guess I wanted to see if others would feel as I do, if it were to have happened to them.

------------------
    sea1_69@hotmail.com

homepage

Hi Sea,
    Can't add alot but it seems that the staff at this store have bad attitude problems. Which could be dangerous for an elderly person. Not sure of the law here in England but the staff member could be done for assault.
    kfh.
    -------
    Sequitur Patrem Non Passibus Aequis

I listen to a lot of talk radio, and one program I tune in Is the G. Gordon Liddy program. He was discussing a similar confrontation with a caller who had been stopped physically by a security guard outside a Best Buy store. Liddy, who is a lawyer, advised this man that with good representation, there is no reason he shouldn't own the very store he had a gripe with. His reason was that if a security guard puts his hands on you without a really good reason which can be documented, then he is in violation of some very serious laws.

------------------
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach him to use the net, and he wont bother you for weeks.
    “The highest glory of the American Revolution was this: It connected in one indissoluble bond, the principles of civil government with those of Christianity." -John Quincy Adams

Exclamation

kfh, what you mentioned is true regarding old people, but think about the fact that the really dangerous part was that I have an instant reaction to whenever I am hit/attacked. I attack back, instinctively. Certainly I would have felt terrible if this had happened, but who expects a lady store clerk to assult you??

Land of 10,000 Lakes and Minnesota nice!!

Sea,

Read the post! An unprovoked attack as you described is an assault. I would suggest that you head down to the local Police Station ASAP and file assault charges. In a lawsuit the defense attorney will come at this like an accident victim who didn't get medical attention immediately, i.e., as if it wasn't that big a deal!

I would say this individual (like a domestic assault) needs to be responded to with criminal charges, or the behavior will be repeated. This individual needs to know the seriousness of her actions, and probably needs some personal help...like anger management.

You probably do have a tort case in the making, however I do believe that you have to prove some sort of damages, i.e., loss of income etc. Your attorney will be able to help you in this regard...and I would definitely suggest that you contact immediately. In Minnesota you have a limited amount of time to notify a corporation of intent to pursue legal action.

As Yoda also mentioned, I too am sorry this happened. No one deserves to be treated in such a manner!

------------------
    May all your dealings in life be win/win!

Whyzman

[This message has been edited by Whyzman (edited 11-30-2001).]
    Lighten up! --- A merry heart does good like a medicine. (Proverbs 17:22)

Arrow

thanks again to all that took time to look at this.......

Whyzman, you sound like you know what you're talkin' about.

I will advise as to any updates.

edit:
    This can serve as a notice of intent to file action.
    I have notified them

------------------
    sea1_69@hotmail.com

homepage

I've never heard of this Rite Aid place but I bet your not the only one to suffer at the hands of these draconian actions. Whatever becomes of all this I hope it works out for you while those responsible paying for it a long time.

good luck

Sounds a really weird incident - but some people just behave abnormal, when they get into positions of authority (esp if they are in uniform)! Be real interesting to see how they reply to you. You'll have to let us know in due course, now that our interest has been aroused!

Personally speaking, I'd stay away from the law if you can reach an accomodation with the company. Going to law can be a lottery (even in what seems open and shut cases); and a lottery that can be lost.

Best of luck though.

PS Do you bear any resemblance to Osama BL ?! LOL

[This message has been edited by Paul Komski (edited 12-01-2001).]
    Take nice care of yourselves - Paul - ♪ -
    Help to start using BiNG. Some stuff about Boot CDs & Data Recovery Basics & Back-up using Knoppix.

kfh <<Not sure of the law here in England but the staff member could be done for assault.>>

Have just phoned a solicitor friend of mine, and the answer is definitely YES, an assault charge would certainly stand up in court, assuming witnesses are prepared to come forward to testify.

sea Sorry to hear you were involved in such an unpleasant incident.

Land of 10,000 Lakes and Minnesota nice!!

Sea,

I am unsure if your notifying the company by email that you intend to proceed with court action is sufficient.

Depending on State Statute you may need to "serve notice" on the corporation which would entail an "affidavit of service." This may then need to be filed with the court. Again, I would check with your attorney.

------------------
    May all your dealings in life be win/win!

Whyzman
    Lighten up! --- A merry heart does good like a medicine. (Proverbs 17:22)

"I am unsure if your notifying the company by email that you intend to proceed with court action is sufficient"

LoL.. aware of this. I also sent a paper copy to all parties.

Called BBB and Rite-Aid 800# yesterday, they promised action within 4 days.

believe that when I see it.

------------------
    sea1_69@hotmail.com

homepage

~

WHOA SEA
    Just got back in town so this is the first time I have seen this. Man, I am sorry to hear that.
    As for suggestions on what to do, I think that has been covered well enough. It sounds like you are on the right track of taking action. Only thing I would add is, "Be prepared for the long haul." These things take time (I know), so you must be patient. Also, don't let anything they say or insinuate bother you. It is their job from here on out to discredit and belittle you in order to win the case. Any offer made by them at this point should be concidered 10% of actual case value.

Good luck Sea.

------------------
    Please go HERE
    If all we ever give is equal to that of which we get, how do we ever progress beyond that of which we are?
    Uncle Crustys

Arrow

so far the results are: The assistant mngr and security officer no longer work at that Rite-Aid.

waiting for word and will advise.... nothing actually from them to me yet.

------------------
    sea1_69@hotmail.com

homepage

[This message has been edited by sea69 (edited 12-04-2001).]

Sea...

What a bummer.

Where's F. Lee Bailey when we need him.

The first thing I was taught a long time ago about dealing with the public. You don't put your hands on anyone for any reason. Granted sometimes you feel like doing so. But it is never warranted.

A place of business is in a world of doo-doo if thier employee/employees are guilty of such action.

What would I do if I were wearing your Nike's ? I'd find myself an Attorney who is willing to take this on a commission basis (incentitive) and turn him/her loose.

bassman gotta aggree w/you.

Luck.

------------------
    ......Indecision may or may not be my problem......
    ...... Kickin' A Rock....
    It ain't over 'till the Fat Lady sings.....

ranchdog, you ain't been watching the news . F Lee Bailey just got disbarred in FL for defrauding one of his customers...to whit -

"TALLAHASSEE, Fla. –– Citing his handling of funds in a drug case, the state Supreme Court on Wednesday barred defense attorney F. Lee Bailey from practicing law in Florida.

Bailey, who has represented such high-profile clients as Dr. Sam Sheppard, Patricia Hearst and O.J. Simpson, was disbarred for the way he handled 600,000 shares of stock owned by a former client now serving life in prison for drug smuggling." Washington Post, Wednesday, November 21, 2001

[This message has been edited by not_fred (edited 12-04-2001).]

Sheeesh...

Yeah but we ain't talking Fla.

Allright then where's Johnny Cochran been hangin' out ?

Seriously tho.. ACLU has laywers you just love to take cases like this. ACLU has more power than God.

Turn the dogs loose.

------------------

Arrow

I'm more p'ed at the security officer that started the whole thing than the poor twit (who will now not be retiring from rite-aid corp.)

My witness (friend) that was there for the entire event says that he thinks she struck me out of frustration because I asked the sec gaurd herself what her name was instead of waiting for her (asst mngr).

?

------------------
    sea1_69@hotmail.com

homepage

~

Woof Woof
    Help to start using BiNG. Some stuff about Boot CDs & Data Recovery Basics & Back-up using Knoppix.

A Corp. like this can throw Ivy-League attorney's at you until who laid a chunk.

But they fear the ACLU. There's some pretty good boys and girls play ball for them.

Have no sympathy for the other parties involved. So the Corp. terminates one or two hoping you'll call that good and forgive and forget. However, the Corp. only admits guilt by termination of involved parties.

Got this strange feeling the tapes from the store cameras are locked in a vault somewhere.

Turn the Big Dogs loose.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ranchdog (edited 12-04-2001).]

I don't know, boss.

If you start down that road, you want to be really sure that revenge is important to you, and an adequate end for its own sake. You aren't likely to make jerks like that regret what they did, and you aren't likely to change corporate policies and (more importantly) training processes.

It _could_ happen, but not likely. Its a gamble.

If it doesn't change, all you got left is revenge, which might end up in monetary form, or it might not. Even if it does, the legals are going to get more of it than you do, anyway.

You gotta decide what's important to you - what's at the center of your life. It might be better to just admit that you're a better human being (and I'm pretty convinced of that, I might add), let go of it, and get on with life. That vengeance tao can leave you pretty bitter at the end, even if you win. You might not want to focus your life on that event, even for a little while.

Just my put, lookin' back up the road I've been walking...

Well spoken fred.

My post was not meant to convey revenge or vengence. Although we've all heard the old adage... Revenge is Sweet. It doesn't always work that way.

My line of thought is only that this incident goes on to show what today's society is comming to.

I'm a very easy going kinda guy. Live and let live type of person. But don't push me around.

Luck.

------------------

"Revenge - as a meal - is best enjoyed cold!" Anon.

Thread Information