- Games can be installed from zip files without any configuration..
- D-Fend Reloaded may be installed in a portable operation mode (for USB-Sticks etc.).
- Besides DOSBox you can also use ScummVM as emulator.
- Also Windows-based games can be managed in D-Fend Reloaded.
- With the integrated Bochs-FAT-Image-Creator you may create floppy and harddisk images to be used with DOSBox directly from the D-Fend Reloaded GUI.
- D-Fend Reloaded can create images from CDs and floppy disks which can be used as drives in DOSBox.
- Updated Korean language file.
- Better error handling when internet connection fails while trying to download game information from Mobygames.
- [Fix] The “File path is relative to the DOSBox directory structure” checkbox below the program file input line in the profile editor was not visible anymore.
- Updated Danisch, French, French Canada, German, Italian und Polish language files.
- Updated Italian DOSBox language file.
- Updated DOSZip from 2.50 to 3.21.
- Better filtering of game notes text in game information reader.
- [Fix] Changing to the game directory is not working on some newer DOSBox CVN version if using PhysFS or archive file based drive mounts.
- [Fix] Line breaks created in the program notes field due to breaking the text on the right window side are not stored anymore as line breaks.
- [Fix] Until now not the same saved games where visible when running a ScummVM based game via D-Fend Reloaded and via plain ScummVM.
DOSBox emulates a complete computer including the DOS commandline and allows to run nearly all old DOS based games on modern hardware with any of the newer Windows versions.
With DOSBox there is no need to worry about memory managers or free conventional RAM, but the setup of DOSBox is still a bit complicated. The configuration of DOSBox via textbased setup files might be difficult for beginners. D-Fend Reloaded may help and create these files for you. Additionally the D-Fend Reloaded installation package contains DOSBox (including all lanuage files currently available), so there is only one installation to be run and no need to link D-Fend Reloaded with DOSBox manually.
The D-Fend Reloaded installer provides everything you need to run old DOS games (D-Fend Reloaded GUI, DOSBox, language files, FreeDos commandline tools). During the first start of D-Fend Reloaded everything is set up automatically.
Searching and sorting games
D-Fend Reloaded contains many service tools to keep the overview even in large game archives. Games can be filtered by categories like genre and year of publication, you can also conduct find-as-you-type searches. For every game you can setup a data folder for manuals etc.
Creating new profiles
Besides using the normal profile editor, new profiles may be added by the profile wizard. Additionally templates for different game types are integrated which need only the name and the path of the game as input.
D-Fend Reloaded collects all information regarding a certain program in its profile (program directory, screenshot directory, manual directory, icon file etc.). Therefore complete games may be deinstalled using D-Fend Reloaded and games can be copied from one installation to another. D-Fend Reloaded is also able to build installer packes to transfer games to other computers. (To use this feature you need NSIS.) Additionally complete games can be packed to zip and 7z files by the builtin zip support for archiving or transfering.
DOSBox and D-Fend Reloaded are multilingual. The installer package contains all currently available language files. D-Fend Reloaded automatically sets up the DOSBox keyboard layout which refers to the language choosen for D-Fend Reloaded.
D-Fend Reloaded can read D-Fend and DBFrondend config files. D-Fend Reloaded is completely compatible with Windows Vista (in particular it runs without admin rights).