Last Updated on
The AMD Ryzen 5 5600G is an excellent midrange processor for gamers looking to upgrade to a modern CPU or for enthusiasts wanting to start an AMD PC build. They are well known for efficiency and good performance for midrange gaming.
AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
At the time of publication, Amazon has released a deal for the AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, pricing it at $127.55. This deal offers 51% off the original price of $259.00 or a savings of $131.45.
This processor deal gives you a competitive gaming processor known for its affordability. It is considered an entry-level processor from AMD and features the Zen 3 architecture, which can run on most budget power supplies and motherboards too.
AMD Ryzen 5 5600G specifications
|Processor Cores/Threads||6 Cores / 12 Threads|
|Base Clock Speed||3.9 GHz|
|Max Boost Clock||Up to 4.4 GHz|
|Graphics Base Clock||1900 MHz|
|Graphics Max Boost Clock||2100 MHz|
|Integrated GPU Cores||7 Compute Units (CUs)|
|TDP (Thermal Design Power)||65W|
|PCIe Version||PCIe 3.0|
|Cooler||Wraith Stealth (Included)|
- No GPU required: With most titles, you can use the processor for 1080P gaming in 30FPS for a base budget build.
- Substantial speeds: With a 4.4GHz max boost with overclocking, you can multitask and take on AAA gaming.
- Excellent cooling: This processor comes with the AMD Wraith Stealth cooler, which requires less power but delivers superior cooling direct to the processor.
- Drop-in compatibility: Works with AMD 500 and some 400 series motherboards for easy PC builds.
- Easy overclocking: Simple Bios settings from the manufacturer and Precision Boost 2 technology for fast tweaks and overclocking.
What we think
This is an excellent start if you are starting your first PC build or want a budget build for 1080P gaming. The processor is the base for many minimalist builds, and it offers competitive speeds for a CPU that came out in 2021. If you want to build a budget gaming PC and want a good deal on a highly compatible AMD Ryzen CPU, check this option out.