Last Updated on
The 11th generation of the Intel Core i5 processor was designed as a mid-range processor that could line up in efficiency against the AMD chips. From the Rocket Lake Architecture, these CPUs don’t run overly hot today and can work well for budget gaming builds because of their solid single-thread performance.
Intel Core i5-11600K deal
At the time of publication, the Intel Core i5 11600K CPU is selling for $189.99. This is a price cut from its retail value of $294.99 from Amazon. The marketplace is offering this $105 deal on the processor as part of some Intel CPU discounts in mid-September.
Intel Core i5-11600K
Intel Core i5-11600K features
The single-core speeds are the main attraction here. At a base speed of 3.9 GHz and a max clock speed of 5.0, this i5 is a balanced deal for budget PCs and midrange builds. If you don’t mind having the newest processor, this device is compatible with Intel 400 series and 500 series motherboards and complete PCIe Gen 4.0 support. It has integrated graphics through the UHD 750 Intel Iris XE on the chip and runs with a low thermal design of 125 watts.
Comparable CPUs to watch with this model are the AMD Ryzen 5 3600X. These chips are similar in multitasking power, producing similar gaming results, with the i5 just outpacing the Ryzen.
Although this CPU does not have thermal support or a cooling system, it offers a relatively simple installation and low heat that can be improved with a simple fan cooler or focused CPU fan.
What’s included in this deal:
- Fast single core: As an unlocked processor, this can reach a max clock speed of 5.0 GHz.
- Excellent software: Intel performance maximizers and extreme tuning utility help you get more out of your CPU.
- Low power: Integrated graphics can run some older games in 720, and the CPU requires a low-power PSU.
- Budget component: Offers incredible speeds for gaming and is a lowered price because it’s an older generation.
- Optane memory support: Includes system acceleration between the processor and storage for improved multitasking.
What we think of the Intel CPU deal
Consider this discount if you are looking for a quality processor that isn’t going to break the bank and can offer good support for midrange gaming. Although you’ll be limited to PCIe 4.0 components, this is still a strong option for building a midrange PC or upgrading your current intel build.
Today’s best CPU deals
AMD Ryzen 5 5600G CPU
Intel Core i9-10900K
AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 5700G