Last Updated on
If you’re assembling an AMD gaming rig and want a ASUS B550-PLUS motherboard deal – we might have found something that will interest you. The AMD 550-PLUS keeps up with the latest tech without breaking the bank, a versatile foundation ready to support 3rd Gen Ryzen builds now and pack a punch with future CPU upgrades. Now just $109.99 after a 21% price cut, it brings an impressive blend of connectivity, power delivery and expansion options. Check out our best motherboards for gaming to find out more on what we look for in a motherboard.
ASUS Prime B550-PLUS Motherboard
Typically priced at $139.99, the ASUS Prime B550-PLUS motherboard is now discounted by 21% to $109.99 for a limited time – saving you $30. Let’s check out some of its standout features:
Features we love about the ASUS B550-PLUS motherboard
- PCIe 4.0 Support: With full PCIe 4.0 support, you can tap into blazing NVMe SSD speeds perfect for quick boot ups and game load times when paired with a 5000 series Ryzen processor.
- Beefy Power Design: The DrMOS power stages, high-quality chokes and durable capacitors reliably deliver clean and stable power to the CPU for solid operation during intense workloads.
- Loaded with Connectivity: Onboard Wi-Fi 6, gigabit LAN, USB 3.2 Gen 2 and HDMI 2.1 connections ensure you have support for the latest standards and peripherals.
- ARGB Lighting Customization: With RGB headers, you can deck out your rig with addressable LED strips and glowing fans. ASUS’ Aura Sync also takes the effects even further.
- Top-Grade Components : Carefully selected parts like the SupremeFX audio and Intel networking chip pair with comprehensive heatsinks, upgraded chokes and an actively-cooled VRM for cool and quiet operation.
What we think of this ASUS B550-PLUS motherboard deal
The ASUS Prime B550-PLUS hits the mark as a versatile B550 foundation ready for both current-gen Ryzen 3000 processors and next-gen 5000 series CPUs. It gives you PCIe 4.0 support, advanced connectivity and capable power design needed to create a high-performance AMD gaming rig at a reasonable price point. With full PCIe 4.0 implementation, your modern GPUs and speedy NVMe solid state drives have enough bandwidth overhead to run at their maximum potential.
The six backwards-compatible SATA ports still allow incorporating traditional hard drives and SATA SSDs for mass capacity and RAID arrays. The inclusion of next-gen Wi-Fi 6 rather than Wi-Fi 5 is also nice. When connecting the newest smartphones, tablets and other wireless devices, you’ll enjoy faster speeds and support for more simultaneous connections.
Other top motherboard deal we’ve found
GIGABYTE B650 AORUS Elite AX
ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus
MSI MPG Z690 Edge WiFi DDR4 Gaming Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero
ASUS TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WiFi 6E Socket AM5 (LGA 1718) Ryzen 7000 ATX Gaming Motherboard