Last Updated on
Amazon is continuing the trend of discounting products well ahead of Prime Day and we are expanding our search to bring you all the deals in one place.
SAMSUNG 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe
You are in luck because the Samsung 980 Pro SSD 2TB NVMe drive is on sale for $99.99 from its regular price of $140.99. It’s a 29% discount which means you get a saving of $41 if you buy one today.
For the reasons we’ll share below, you’ll understand why the Samsung 980 Pro is one of the best SSDs on the market.
- Gen 4.0: The 980 Pro supports PCI-e 4.0 NVMe which allows it to deliver a true generational leap over its predecessor. It has a sequential read speed of 7000 MB/s and a sequential write of 5100 MB/s.
- TLC NAND: Samsung’s use of V-NAND TLC design, SLC NAND as cache, and an in-house controller delivers superior performance over the cheaper QLC NAND drives.
- Thermal management: The drive features nickel coating on the controller and a heat spreader on the NAND chips themselves to dissipate heat and deliver better sustained performance.
- Built-in security: You can use a password to protect the drive with AES 256-bit level encryption using the management tool.
- Proven reliability: Samsung is the leader in the flash memory industry. It means that its SSDs are built on years of expertise and offer better reliability than the competition.
What we think
In short, It is one of the fastest SSDs you can buy right now. It is also perfect for PS5 as it meets Sony’s read/write recommendation. Although it will work on older systems, keep in mind that you need a motherboard and CPU with PCI-e 4.0 support to fully utilize the drive.
Want a fast SSD for gaming? The Samsung 980 Pro is a no-brainer. If you haven’t decided yet, keep in mind that this deal will not be live for long.
Best early Prime Day SSD deals
ADATA 1TB SSD Legend 800 NVMe SSD
Seagate One Touch 1TB Portable External SSD
SanDisk 2TB Extreme Portable SSD
WD_BLACK 2TB SN850X NVMe Internal Gaming SSD
SAMSUNG T7 Shield 1TB