Last Updated on
If you regularly work with large files as a creative or need plenty of storage for an office PC and large application files, an HDD upgrade could be for you. Many PC builds today run with a 1-2TB SDD and a massive HDD to pick up the storage slack.
Seagate ST8000DM008 BarraCuda 8TB Internal Hard Drive HDD
If you need to slot extra storage into your PC build, the Seagate BarraCuda 8TB HDD is on sale at the time of writing for $114.99. This price is part of the early Prime Day tech discounts leading up to Prime Day on July 11. The 8GB HDD is down 33% on its list price of $178.99.
An 8TB drive like this slots into SATA slots quickly and offers transfer rates of 190mb/s to hold all your most extensive files. Seagate has also been an excellent name for hard drive manufacturers, with 20 years in business.
Let’s explore more on this discount:
- Perfect for editing: Hold many files, including countless HD videos, audio files, and editing projects.
- Seagate secure: Seagate ships this drive with Seagate secure technology allowing you to set encryption on the drive and use instant secure erase functions to protect your data.
- Cost-effective storage upgrade: A cheaper upgrade than most external drives and much more affordable than SSDs in the same capacity range.
- 3.5-inch design: Designed to fit any desktop HDD port and will fit most cases easily.
- Frustration-free packaging: Packed in anti-static bags to protect your product.
What we think
8TB of storage gives any creative the extra space they need to keep their largest files locally. This hard drive offers reasonable transfer speeds and the added base you might need for a PC build as alternate storage.
This is an excellent option if you need more storage space or want a massive secondary drive for your PC.
ADATA 1TB SSD Legend 800 NVMe SSD
Seagate One Touch 1TB Portable External SSD
WD_BLACK 2TB SN850X NVMe Internal Gaming SSD