Last Updated on
Many console players often use their TV, suffering from an unoptimized experience where no matter what game they’re playing, it looks flat and lifeless. Some older TVs simply can’t keep up with the rapid-fire pace and intense graphical demands of some modern titles. But this Phillips Momentum 4K gaming monitor is specifically designed to make your Xbox look as good as possible. With a 4K resolution and HDR 600 that leaves your games looking sharp with a stunning range of color and contrast. Check out the details below to see if it’s right for you.
PHILIPS Momentum 279M1RV 27″ HDR 600 Gaming Monitor
Originally retailing at $749.99 you can pick this Philips Momentum gaming monitor for $699.99 a price cut of 7% and saving you a cool $50.00. Now, let’s take a look at what this Xbox gaming monitor deal brings to the table.
What we like about the Philips Momentum
- Designed for Xbox for Optimal Gaming Experience: Tailored in collaboration with Microsoft Xbox to offer an optimized gaming experience for the Xbox Series X, ensuring seamless compatibility and enhanced performance.
- 4K Resolution: With a higher pixel density to most monitors, providing incredibly sharp and detailed images, making text, graphics, and videos appear clearer and more lifelike, giving you a more immersive viewing experience.
- 120Hz refresh rate: At a smooth 120Hz refresh rate when connected to Xbox Series X and other next-gen consoles. PC gamers can experience the fastest refresh rate of 144Hz via DisplayPort 1.4 and HDMI 2.1.
- Low Latency: NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible certified monitor with low input lag and lightning-fast 1ms (GtG) response time, eliminating screen tearing and broken frames, providing a competitive edge.
- Color gamut: Ultra Wide-Color gamut with IPS Nano Color technology delivers true-to-life images and covers 98% of the DCI-P3 color gamut area, ensuring vibrant and accurate colors for both gaming and professional work.
- HDR support: VESA-certified DisplayHDR 600 and customized SmartImage HDR modes offer incredible contrast and lifelike details, enhancing gaming and viewing experiences.
- 4-sided Ambiglow technology: Creating a halo of light around the monitor, enhancing immersion. Built-in DTS Sound speakers deliver virtual surround sound for an immersive audio experience.
- LowBlue Mode: Filters out harmful blue light waves, ensuring eye comfort during long gaming sessions. The ergonomic stand offers adjustable height, pivot, swivel, and tilt for optimum viewing comfort.
- Robust connectivity options: Includes DisplayPort 1.4, HDMI 2.1, USB-C, USB-B, USB 3.2, built-in speakers, and audio out (3.5mm), ensuring compatibility and convenience for various devices and peripherals.
Should you buy this Xbox 4K gaming monitor?
The Philips Momentum is a great option for anyone looking for an immersive gaming experience. We’re a fan of the 4K resolution as well as the HDR 600 support that ensures a detailed and great-looking image. The 144Hz refresh rate, while not the highest out there, is certainly capable of handling graphically intense games well. It’s got excellent connectivity options as well allowing it to be the centre of your set-up. The specific design for Xbox makes it a great pick for console players who are looking for a more dedicated gaming build.
However, this is quite an expensive monitor, even for 4K monitors, this is not a cheap one while its other specs somewhat let it down, however you are guaranteed excellent build-quality with a Philips monitor and it will certainly be future-proofed for many years despite not giving the best bang for your buck. We’d recommend keeping an eye out for the Philips Momentum Xbox gaming monitor, if it was to get a further reduction more in the $100-$200 region we would certainly consider this deal.
More gaming deals we think you’ll love
BenQ ZOWIE XL2540K 24.5-inch 240Hz Gaming Monitor
Acer Predator X25 bmiiprzx 24.5″ FHD (1920 x 1080) Dual Drive IPS Gaming Monitor
SAMSUNG 43″ Odyssey Neo G7 Series 4K UHD Smart Gaming Monitor
SAMSUNG 32″ Odyssey Neo G8
SAMSUNG 32″ Odyssey G55A Curved Gaming Monitor