If you are in the market for the best gaming laptop, then you have come to the right place. As part of this guide, we have outlined the premium laptops for gamers at a variety of features and price points. After you have finished reading this guide from start to finish, you’ll know exactly what the best models are available for purchase.
Buying a gaming laptop involves a complicated buying process that is littered with pitfalls and attractive diversions along the way. The sheer amount of options in the market can be make it hard to know where to start looking, and if the specifications of a given brand will even match your requirements.
For the above reasons, we have also put together a buyer’s guide to educate you on the most important specifications when buying a laptop. We’ll cover and break down each of the main components that work to determine the bottom line of a laptop, as well as the parts that are luxuries or superfluous.
For your peace of mind, security, and convenience, all of the laptops contained in this guide can be purchased via Amazon.
Manufacturers go through an extensive vetting process before they are able to list their products on Amazon’s shopping platform, which means they are guaranteed to be genuine and not imitation products.
The prices of laptops for gamers are known to change month to month, not including the differences in currencies and shipping costs. Due to this reality of online shopping, we have purposefully omitted the pricing information for each model that has been listed here.
Table of Contents
- 1. Acer Aspire VX 15 Gaming Laptop
- 2. ASUS ROG GL552VW-DH71
- 3. ASUS K501UW-AB78
- 4. Lenovo Ideapad 700
- 5. Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG
- 6. Lenovo Premium Built High Performance 15.6 inch HD Laptop
- 7. ASUS ROG G751JY-VS71 (WX)
- 8. MSI VR Ready GS43VR Phantom Pro-006
- 9. ASUS ROG STRIX GL502VY-DS71
- 10. MSI GS60 Ghost Pro-002
- 11. MSI GL62 7QF-1660
- 12. ASUS ROG G752VS-XS74K
- 13. ASUS X551
- How to Choose A Gaming Laptop
1. Acer Aspire VX 15 Gaming Laptop
Best Overall Gaming Laptop
A lot of deliberation has gone into selecting the best overall gaming laptop, and the Acer Aspire VX has made its way to this coveted position above the rest. Not only is this Aspire VX 15 endorsed by this guide, is currently at the number one spot for gaming laptops on Amazon.
There are a countless number of positive reviews can be read about this product from its users, with the general consensus being that the VX 15 represents the best of both worlds from the perspectives of price and value.
The Acer Aspire tag line features an aggressive gaming design, with hard-edged futuristic aesthetics and sleek long lines and angles. It doesn’t skimp on practicality either, as it has an impressive 15.6” high definition display to you firmly in the driver’s seat of your gaming experience.
Other features of the VX 15 include:
- Powerful 7th Gen Intel Core I7-7700HQ processor
- High-performance NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050 Ti graphics card with the latest Pascal architecture from NVIDIA
- Advanced cooling and ventilation to ensure your rig runs cool, fast, and smooth
- Stellar audio capabilities to immerse yourself in intense gaming sessions
- Illuminating iron-red keyboard that looks great for late night gaming excursions
- 16 GB RAM
- Clear audio speakers with heavy bass and clean treble tones and complimented by Acer’s TrueHarmony and Dolby Audio Premium firmware
In short, the VX 15 represents the best in terms of performance and value. You will be able to play the latest games at the optimal quality settings without overheating, and its sleek design will turn heads wherever you go with it.
2. ASUS ROG GL552VW-DH71
Best Gaming Laptop Under $1,000
The ASUS ROG GL552VW is our pick for gamers who want to spend less than a thousand dollars on a gaming laptop. Asus is a brand that has been around for a long time, and the company features a host of benefits that other companies lack, such as an extended warranty on all parts and servicing.
What makes the ASUS GL552VW stand out from others though is its eye-catching gaming aesthetics. The laptop features a F-22 stealth fighter-inspired chassis with angled surfaces for a dynamic and powerful look. The laptop’s aggressive design makes it stand out from the crowd, as well as giving you the chance to showcase your personality.
The above are just some of the reasons for why countless gamers have chosen the GL552VW to be their rig of choice.
The complete features and benefits of the gaming laptop can be seen below:
- Intel i7-6700 HQ 2.6HZ processor
- 1TB 7200 RPM Storage
- 16GB RAM
- 6 inches Matte IPS HDD Display with a maximum resolution of 1920 by 1080
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
- Integrated firmware such as the GameFirst III Technology that prioritizes frame rates and optimizes performance across the laptop’s components
- The latest USB 3.1 Type-C port for cross-compatible connectivity at lightning fast speeds
- 100 solder points for premium durability and a solid feel
- Future proof with its slide-off upgradable panel
The above are just some of the standout features that come with this gaming laptop. The full specifications can be read on its Amazon product page by clicking the link above. You may be surprised at what you’ll learn.
3. ASUS K501UW-AB78
Best Laptop Under $800
There’s a reason for why the ASUS brand has been featured at several price points throughout this article. ASUS’ range of laptops rank consistently among the best sellers for the gaming category on Amazon, which is determined by their amount of positive reviews and gross sales.
Although not as exorbitant as some other gaming laptops available, the K50 is still widely considered to be a high end gaming machine that has more than enough power to get you through the most intense gaming sessions without it breaking a sweat.
Below you can see the most important features of the Asus K50:
- 6th Generation Intel Core i7-6500U 2.5 GHz Skylake
- 6 inches Matte FHD Display with a maximum resolution of 1920 by 1080
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M gaming graphics card
- 8GB RAM
- 512GB SSD Storage
As you can see, the Asus K50 features everything that you could want from a gaming laptop. It has a perfect combination of components, with its performance spread evenly over the CPU, graphics card and RAM. It’s highly unlikely that you’ll experience bottlenecks or other performance issues when using this PC for even the most intensive of games and applications.
We haven’t even touched on what’s arguably the best part of the K50: its design. Unlike other gaming laptops that could seem a bit too showy for some people’s tastes, this model has a traditional appearance with a thick construction to house its impressive components.
The other key selling point to the Asus K50 is that you will be able to operate it at very low temperatures, thus preserving the longevity of your hardware.
4. Lenovo Ideapad 700
Best Gaming Laptop Under $700
The Lenovo Ideapad 700 represents a divergence in price points and performance from the previous models that can be found in this guide. The Ideapad 700 is for the middle of the road buyer, someone who still wants to experience a premium gaming experience without paying full price for the pleasure.
Although slightly cheaper and frankly a bit slower than some of the top-shelf gaming laptops on the market, the Ideapad 700 will still satisfy your demands for performance and stability in an easy to use package.
The specs of this laptop are below:
- Nvidia GTX 950 graphics card
- Crisp 15.6 inch HD display with a maximum resolution of 1920×1080
- Very slim and portable, measuring at just 0.89 inches in thickness
- Supercharged audio with premium audio speakers
- PCIe solid state drive
- 12GB RAM
In general, anything at or below $700 and you have reached the halfway point for an acceptable gaming laptop that is assured to last you an adequate length of time without needing to replace it. This could either be considered to be a blessing or a curse depending on your needs and point of view, but for most gamers the Ideapad 700 is the ideal solution.
5. Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG
Best Gaming Laptop Under $600
The Acer Aspire E5-575-53VG is the brand’s flagship gaming laptop. Traditionally considered to be a budget or entry level make, Acer in recent years has branched out into the field of gaming laptops to notable success.
Although the Acer E5 is far away from being a considered a monster in terms of performance, it still packs a punch for what it is, allowing you to cut through the most intensive of games without your rig breaking a sweat.
The Acer E5 is unassuming and appears to be the same as any other laptop built for office applications or daily use. However, under the laptop’s hood there are some very powerful parts and components that keep its powerful gaming engine turning over.
Below you will see the components used in the Acer E5
- 6th Generation Intel Core i5-6200U
- 6-inch FULL HD Display
- NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
- 8GB DDR4 Memory
- 256GB SSD
- 12 Hours Battery Life
As you can see, the updated specifications for this laptop reflect that the best the gaming has to offer for computer manufacturers. You will not experience any performance-related issues once you purchase this laptop, as each part has been quality tested and benchmarked to surpass the most demanding of PC applications, including high end gaming.
The point of difference for the Acer E5 is that it features a 12 hour battery life. Now this is 12 hours for continuous use, so when you’re playing games or running other resource-hungry applications, not when it’s on Standby or when the lid is shut.
6. Lenovo Premium Built High Performance 15.6 inch HD Laptop
Best Gaming Laptop Under $500
For under $500, getting your hands on a fast and reliable gaming laptop could be considered to be a steal, which is why there simply aren’t a lot of them to go around. However, Lenovo’s gaming laptop successfully delivers a premium gaming experience at this price point and so much more.
It should be noted that that Lenovo’s gaming solution for laptops is one of the few that are available from this brand on the market. The company is positioned in the market in a relative stance to that of Acer: supplying high quality budget office machines at competitive prices.
When Lenovo released their gaming laptops for the first time, they were met with a fair amount of justified skepticism – but those doubts were quickly allayed. You can see for yourself what other people have experienced in terms of a high powered gaming machine by studying the laptop’s reviews. There you will see that the Lenovo has scored highly across almost all categories of customer satisfaction.
So now on to the specifics of what makes this laptop a great buy for less than $500.
- 6 LED HD Display
- AMD Radeon R7
- AMD FX 7500 Quad-Core Processor (2.10 GHz)
- HDMI, VGA, USB and Headphone input jacks
- 8GB RAM
It should be clear that this laptop does not sit at the top of heap, but for less than $500 it is shown to outperform even the more expensive models on the market without needing to use flashiest components.
7. ASUS ROG G751JY-VS71 (WX)
Best 17 inch Gaming Laptop
Sometimes you just need a wider screen to fully immerse yourself as part of your gaming experience, and this is something that gaming manufacturers are well aware of. The good news is that there are some models in circulation that come with a wider and taller screen.
17 inch laptops differ from 15 inch obviously in terms of size, but also in terms of price, weight, and compatibility between graphics cards and other components. Because a laptop’s screen is physically mounted to the laptop’s casing itself, this construction necessitates a larger case that will be heavier overall than a laptop of a smaller screen size.
The ASUS brand makes yet another appearance on our slot for the best 17 inch gaming laptop for its category. Users will be able to enjoy its extra-large screen, as well as a host of other features that are designed to give it a superior advantage over other gaming laptops of a similar size.
The full specifications of the ASUS ROG-G75 can be seen below
- Intel Core i7-4720 HQ 2.6 GHZ
- 16GB RAM
- 1TB 7200 RPM HDD
- Nvidia Geforce GTX 980M with 4GB DDR5 VRAM
- 3 IPS FHD Matte Display with a maximum resolution of 1920×1080 with built-in G-Sync firmware
- Gigabit dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Various USB, HDMI, and VGA ports
- Uncompromised thermal design, including rear venting design that directs heat away from the main unit. This is in addition to the laptop’s separate thermal modules for the CPU and GPU
- Specialty Game Keys
Although the hardware and components used in the ASUS-ROG are very impressive for any gaming enthusiast, what we liked the most about this model was its great looks and aesthetic appeal.
There is also a variety features that come with this gaming laptop free of charge, including the ASUS TurboMaster to give one a graphics boost, as well as realistic, immersive audio thanks to the onboard ROG Audio Wizard.
In short, this gaming laptop is a must have for anyone who wants a premium gaming experience via a larger screen and inexpensive price tag.
8. MSI VR Ready GS43VR Phantom Pro-006
Best 14 inch Gaming Laptop
Sometimes you just want something portable and lightweight that can fulfill a variety of functions, with gaming being only one of them. Unfortunately, there aren’t too many options in the market for gamers who want an ultra-compact gaming solution. The best option right now for those who want to get their hands on a smaller-sized gaming laptop comes in the form of a 14 inch screen.
It’s amazing what a difference what an inch or less can make to your gaming experience – although at first glance it may seem insignificant. Fourteen inch gaming laptops obviously have smaller screens than regular-sized laptops, but their casings and essential parts are compact in size too, which lowers the size of the laptop overall.
Due to the lack of choices in the market, it has been hard for us to source the best gamer-ready 14 inch gaming computer, but we feel that we have found the best that money can buy at this size and price point.
The MSI VR Ready GS43VR is one of the best 14 inch gaming laptops that can be purchased from Amazon. It is a very powerful laptop that comes with loaded with features that are designed to increase the speed, stability, and overall enjoyment of your games.
A full break down of the features offered by the laptop can be seen below:
- 14” Full HD non-reflective display at a resolution of 1920×1080
- Windows 10 Operating System
- Intel Core i7-6700 HQ Quad Core Processor
- Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5
- 16GB RAM
- Virtual Reality-Ready
- Backlit keys
- Ultra-portable design
There are simply too many good features to be summarized about this virtual reality ready laptop in a few brief sentences. If you are considering buying a 14 inch gaming laptop, then your best course of action would be to check this model out on Amazon.
9. ASUS ROG STRIX GL502VY-DS71
Best Lightweight Gaming Laptop
For those who want a lightweight gaming laptop that is full sized, there are a few models of gaming laptops that will suit your requirements nicely.
It should be noted that a lightweight gaming laptop is almost assured to cost you more, as they are often made of custom components that are designed to fit into the laptop’s compact housing. But this shouldn’t put you off the idea of buying a feather-weight laptop, as sometimes the difference in pricing can be negligible.
Owning a lightweight gaming computer can be essential for regular travellers, as any kilogram or pound of added weight can end up costing you in terms of baggage fees, as well as quite literally bearing the cost of lugging a huge laptop around with you everywhere in your travels.
The ASUS ROG Strix GL502VY-DS71 represents the market has to offer in terms of a lightweight gaming laptop that still has a 15 inch display. This compact unit will easily fit into your backpack or carry-on luggage with ease, and weighs in at only 2.2 kilograms.
You can read the full list of features for the GL502VY here or on its listing on Amazon.
- 6th-generation Intel Core i7 quad-core processor
- GTX 980M graphics card from NVIDIA
- 15-inch FHD Panel with wide 160 degree viewing angles
- Only 0.94 inch thick and 4.8 pounds to be the best portable gaming laptop
- Dual fan Hyper Cool cooling system works to keep the insides ice-cool along with its thermal throttling
- NVMe PCIe SSD for faster boot times and application launches
- Backlit keys for superior travel distance and tactile keystrokes
- One year warranty
This gaming laptop has many key advantages for it, including a superior lightweight design and high quality components. It has also attracted a host of positive reviews from its user base, with many of the laptop’s customers seen to be singing the praises of the company as a whole.
By viewing this laptop on Amazon, you also get the option to post your own questions to Amazon’s community of volunteers and verified purchasers. So if you have a question about the GLO502VY or any of the laptops contained in this guide, you can get an answer within a few days of posting your question.
10. MSI GS60 Ghost Pro-002
Best Slim Gaming Laptop
Buying a slim gaming laptop can afford you with many advantages that not even a strictly lightweight laptop can match. Thin gaming computers not only look cool, but they are also very practical to use. Their reduced thickness means that they can easily be slipped into a backpack without taking up an excessive amount of space, and their lightweight constructions means you won’t even notice it’s there during transit.
Continuing our pattern of reviewing the best 14 inch, lightweight, and now slim gaming laptops, we have this time chosen a model from MSI as the laptop of choice.
MSI as a company has been in the market of gaming laptops since its popularization a few years ago. The company offers everything you would expect from a reputable vendor of electronics such as a year-long warranty and premium customer support to answer any questions you have during installation or about its general use.
The MSI GS60 was chosen for its competitive price point and for the positive reviews left by other satisfied users.
The full list of features for the laptop can be seen below:
- Intel Core i7-6700HQ Quad Core Processor
- 16GB RAM
- 1TB Hard Drive
- Windows 10 operating system
- Dynaudio Tech audio
- NVIDIA Geforce GTX970M
- 6” Full HD Display
- Stylish design with full-color backlit keys and anti-ghost lining
This model from MSI is one of the most stylish thin gaming laptops available that is sure to turn heads a well as feeling great to use over extended periods of gaming.
There is also a variety of peripherals that come included with this model, including external mice, keyboards, and headphones that are all part of the MSI umbrella of gear. You’ll be able to enjoy a seamless gaming experience on the move with this model and look great in the process.
11. MSI GL62 7QF-1660
Best MSI Gaming Laptop
MSI is an emerging brand in the field of gaming laptops with good reason. Their computers are some of the best that money can buy, and they come loaded with features that make them powerful and easy to use.
The MSI GL62 is one of the best-selling models to date, and features a host of positive testimonials that can be read about the laptop on Amazon. The reviews that are posted on Amazon have all been verified to reflect the user’s honest perspective about the product. There is no possibility for shills or competing products to list fake reviews on these sites.
MSI has released a number of well-received laptops to date, but the MSI GI62 stands out above the rest as one of their most recommendable models.
The laptop has a sleek and powerful look, which is something that perfectly complements the hardware that can be found over its hood.
The full list of specs for the GL62 can be seen below:
- 6” Full HD Display with a maximum resolution of 1920×1080
- Windows 10 Operating System
- Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor
- NVIDIA GTX 960M 2G GDDR5 Graphics Card
- 8GB RAM
- 1TB HDD
In addition to the above features, the laptop has a great array of performance enhancing firmware and software that comes included with your purchase. You are given absolutely everything you could want when you pick up this great gaming laptop from MSI.
12. ASUS ROG G752VS-XS74K
Best ASUS Gaming Laptop
ASUS is a brand that needs no introduction in this guide. We have already covered a multitude of laptops from this brand, as they are one of the highest rated companies when it comes to consumer electronics around the world.
It should go without saying that choosing the best ASUS gaming laptop was a very difficult task for us. Many of the laptops from ASUS dominate the best seller lists of Amazon, so in this case we have gone with a slightly more niche approach.
The G752VS from ASUS is not for everyone. It is one of the most expensive laptops found in this guide, and shadows over many of the other gaming laptops that can be seen on a variety of shopping networks.
There’s a good reason why this model is more expensive than the rest, and it comes down to pure performance, speed, stability, and the feeling you get from owning a top-rate gaming laptop that is guaranteed to turn heads and last you for years to come.
A full list of specifications for this model has been summarized for you below:
- NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card
- Overclocked 16GB DD4 RAM
- 1TB HDD
- 3” FHD Screen
- Powerful Cooling with ROG 3d Mobile Vapor Chamber
- Powerful rated 88WHrz battery
- Illuminated Chiclet Keyboard
When you look at this laptop, everything about it screams power, confidence, and performance. There aren’t too many laptops that are designed this way for its price point, and it can be the perfect way to let the world know that you are an up and coming gamer that’s ready to step up to the competition.
13. ASUS X551
Best Budget Gaming Laptop
Sometimes you just won’t have the cash to splurge on a very expensive gaming laptop, in spite of how much you might want to. Life is complicated, busy, and expensive. So we can understand why you might be looking for a more manageable solution.
The ASUS X551 is one of the best budget gaming laptops that money can buy. Although you may not be able to play your games at the highest quality settings, nor will you be able to store a huge amount of blue ray movies on its hard drive, it still gets the job done.
The good news about budget gaming laptops is that there is free software that you can download to increase the speed of your computer. This software involves increasing the CPUs core cycles (also known as overclocking) to squeeze as much performance as possible from your laptop.
It should be noted that overclocking, as well as doing anything to tamper with the factory settings of your purchase may lead you to voiding the manufacturer’s warranty, which could leave you quite literally in the dark if your device were to break down.
If you’re going to overclock this machine, then you need to be prepared to cope with the excessive amount of heat that’s going to be generated as a result of this. The heat alone can damage your computer’s vital components, so you’ll need a way to cool down the laptop’s casing, as well as venting out the hot air so that it does not damage the machine.
You can buy a variety of third-party and external fans and docking stations that are designed to be used with overclocked laptop computers. These stands can be purchased for as little as $50 from Amazon and other electronics store in the physical realm.
But enough about overclocking for now, here are the specifications for the ASUS X551
- Intel Celeron N280 Dual Core Processor
- 4GB RAM
- 500GB Hard Drive
- 6” inch screen
- Integrated graphics card
- Weighs in at 4.74 pounds and will provide you with 4 hours of battery life
As you can see, the X551 was not designed to be used for extreme gaming sessions, but it still provides good enough value for what it is to make an appearance in this article. It could be a great fit for those who want to run less resource-hungry games and applications, as well as being used a secondary or backup laptop if something were to happen to your main rig.
How to Choose A Gaming Laptop
As stated previously, the buying process for a gaming laptop is a complicated one. In addition to deciphering all of the acronyms and terminologies used in the gaming world, you also need to keep up to date with the latest developments in processors, screens, video cards, motherboards, and a host of other components. The amount of information to be digested can be overwhelming to say the least.
Below you will find some of the most important components when buying a gaming laptop, explained in plain English.
- Central Processing Unit (CPU): The Central Processing Unit or CPU is the brain and beating heart of any gaming laptop. Unless you are buying a very low end model, it is typical for a gaming laptop to have two, or even four processing units.The amount of processing units you have will increase the speed and stability of the laptop, although there are more factors that influence a laptop’s speed than just the amount or quality of processors that you are using.Like an engine, each brand and model of CPU has their own pros and cons, including different speeds, memory and buffer sizes, bus sizes and many more features. Like most things, early model processors will generally cost you more, but you’ll end up enjoying better performance; the reverse is also true.
- Random Access Memory (RAM): For most games, we’ve started to notice that the minimum requirements for most systems demand at least eight gigabytes of RAM (8 GB) for a stable and enjoyable experience.More ram entails faster performance, especially for resource-hungry applications such as video editing, software development, and yes, gaming. If your gaming laptop lacks a sufficient quantity or quality of ram, then this may become a bottleneck for your computer’s performance.Additionally, the lack of virtual memory is often the number one reason for frequent system stalls, crashes, and the ubiquitous ‘blue screen of death’ experienced by Windows machines. The bottom line is that more ram is almost always better, but there is a point of diminishing returns with random access memory when adding more won’t always reflect a better performance or frame rates.
- Video Card (GPU): Your choice of video card or graphical processor unit is where the rubber hits the road in terms of your gaming performance. In combination with your RAM and CPU, your choice of video card will determine what resolutions you can use, your detail and quality settings, as well as a variety of niche video options. Although any component of your gaming laptop can become a bottleneck if they are behind the curve relative to other parts, the quality and speed of your video card will arguably have the largest impact on your gaming experience. For this reason, it’s always best to prioritize at least some of your budget in order to get the best video card that you can afford, even if that means you sacrifice you some non-essential features such as having a larger screen or not buying from a premium brand.
- Budget: It should go without saying that buying a more expensive gaming laptop will lead to a better gaming experience overall. However, there are a couple of caveats to keep in mind before you pull out your wallet to buy a top-shelf model.The first thing to keep in mind is that as with other products, theperception of the product is just as, if not more important than the actual value of the item itself. The main reason for why diamonds and designer clothing are so expensive is because of their brand names. Most of the price you pay for luxury goods is for the privilege of being associated with a prestigious product, not for what you actually get in terms of bottom line satisfaction.Gaming laptops are no exception to the glamor of big brands, with some companies such as Alienware PCs and Sony being some of the most globally recognized leaders. It is not to say that these brands do not deliver good value products, or that their prices are inflated beyond the scope of other brands. It is however important to acknowledge that you are paying for a brand name and logo to be featured on your laptop, and there’s nothing wrong with that. Sometimes you really want a specific model or to buy from your favourite brand, yet you should be aware of it and expect the best brands to command higher prices.Another principle to consider is how quickly computers and components depreciate in value after you buy them. A processor or video card can be twice as expensive when it is first released, yet it may offer a negligible performance increased compared to the preceding model.Sometimes however, investing a little more into buying the newest parts could actually save you money. After all, the faster your computer is now, the longer the computer is going to last you. A common problem with purchasing a budget gaming laptop is that you may end up replacing the whole thing after a year or so of use anyway, which could actually cost you more over the long-term. Laptops are also notoriously difficult to upgrade, as there’s no easy way of replacing the video card or processor without taking it to a computer shop, which again is an added expense you’d want to avoid.In summary, you should choose a gaming laptop that is both within your means, as well as something that has up to date specifications. Either end of the price continuum can sometimes (but not always) lead to unexpected complications either in terms of replacement costs or buyer’s remorse.
The key points to summarize for this section are:
- The processor, amount and quality of RAM, and choice of video card are equally important components for choosing the best gaming laptop. Any part can lead to performance bottlenecks if you skimp on a part, which lowers your frame rates and quality settings. Choose a gaming laptop that has up to date components in all areas to avoid this from occurring.
- More random access memory does not always lead to better performance. As stated previously, the speed of your gaming laptop is actually a result of a synergy between the sections of your laptop working together. There is also a point of diminishing returns when adding another stick of RAM to your computer: while upgrading from 4GB to 8GB of RAM may lead to a significant performance increase, the difference between 8GB and 12GB of RAM could be negligible, or even a waste of money altogether.
- Find a compromise between your desired budget and your expectations of performance. Avoid buying at the extreme ends of the scale if you can help it, as with most things you get what you pay for, and buying a gaming laptop is no exception.
Thanks for reading our guide on the best gaming laptops. We hope that you found this list informative and helpful in your quest for the best gaming laptop to suit your needs.
As stated throughout this article, you can easily view the price on any of the laptops found in this guide by clicking its respective link above. There you will be taken to its Amazon product listing, which is also how you can post your own questions to a community of verified purchasers.
If you do not have the cash to outlay your purchase right away, there is always the option of deferring your payment over 6, 12, or 18 months. This deferment schedule is run through Amazon’s Store Card, and is only available for selected country.
Not everyone is eligible for interest-free payment scheme run by Amazon, so you should carefully check the special deals that are available in your country if you cannot participate in this program.
If you are still unsure about what device is the best gaming laptop for you after reading this guide, you can always read through the reviews and testimonials left by other users. Aside from taking the laptop home and using it, there simply is no better way to get a clear understanding of the relative pros and cons of each model that can be seen above. You’ll also get an unbiased and objective point of view from someone who has actually purchased and used the laptop that you are interested in.
Sometimes manufacturers of certain laptops will also leave out some pertinent information as it relates to the laptop. The good news is that Amazon has a platform that populates product specifications as part of the listing itself from its community. Amazon truly leaves no stone unturned with its dedicated to customer service and transparency.
The last option you have for when you’re on the fence is by physically going to a computer store and seeing what’s on offer. Sometimes you just need to get a tactile feel for how the laptop feels when you press the keys, use the mouse pad, or play with the many different features that come on mid-range and high end machines.
Retail stores typically command higher prices than those that can be found online. Online stores typically have aged stock that is known to go on sale and sell out very quickly. So by going to one of your local stores to get a firsthand experience of your desired gaming laptop, and then visiting Amazon in order to secure the best price, you may put yourself in the best position possible to both save money as well as give yourself some peace of mind knowing that you have done things by the book.