Last Updated on
Flight sims are power-hungry monsters and X-Plane 11 is no exception. This 11th iteration has undergone major changes, including the addition of VR over the years, and with that, the main specs have certainly changed. Let’s take a look at what you need to run X-Plane 11 and run it well.
Current X Plane Minimum Specification
- CPU: Intel Core i3, i5, or i7 CPU with 2 or more cores, or AMD equivalent.
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Video Card: a DirectX 11-capable video card from NVIDIA, AMD or Intel with at least 1 GB VRAM
- Dual-core CPUs slower than 3 GHz should try the demo before purchasing X-Plane 11.
Current X Plane Recommended Specification (Best Experience)
- CPU: 3+ GHz, quad-core or higher
- Memory: 16 GB RAM or more
- Video Card: a DirectX 12-capable video card from NVIDIA, AMD or Intel with at least 4 GB VRAM
- (GeForce GTX 1060 or better or similar from AMD)