As usual, the world of Android is jam-packed with release news and leaks. From ‘who owns Android’ to looking for your first Android phone, the Google-owned operating system is a fountain of content on any given day thanks to its open-source approach to OEM support. It looks like said OEMs are starting to champion SoC (system on a chip) setups instead of quad/octa-core processors for the sake of improved performance, form factor, and battery life. Let’s take a look at what’s happening today:
One Plus Developing ‘Lite’ Alternative to Buds Pro
- Max Jambor, a known tipster posted on Twitter yesterday regarding the product
- Budget earbuds are set to include active noise cancellation (ANC), a feature rarely seen in budget earbuds.
Instagram Really Needs To Know Your Birthday
- Part of an ongoing effort to stop minors using the popular social media app
- Instagram is developing an age verification algorithm to use for a kids-focused version of the Facebook-owned platform.
- Old account users have been able to dodge age verification so far, but will soon be forced to enter their birth date to continue using Instagram.
Vivo X70 Series Launch Date Revealed
Realme Launching Dimensity 810 Handsets In India?
Fossil Gen 6 Smartwatch Revealed
- Various styles and sizes, including a Michael Kors branded variant.
- Launching with Wear OS 2, Wear OS 3 update coming in 2022.
- 42mm and 44mm dial sizes available at launch, powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 4100+ platform.
- Smoke stainless steel, brown leather, green camo grosgrain alongside gold and purple options available.
- Priced at $299-$319
- Shipping starts around the end of September
Price Increase for Realme 8 and Realme C11 In India
OnePlus Nord 2 and OnePlus 7 Series Receive OxygenOS Updates
- OxygenOS 11.3.A.10 update to bring system stability improvement, improved camera app, fixes the face unlock issue, improved NFC stability, and battery optimizations for PUBG and more mobile games.
- Includes August 2021 Android Security Patch. OnePlus Nord 2 update is 245MB, whilst the OnePlus 7 series is 2.66GB.
Xiaomi 12 Features 50P Triple Cameras + 5X Periscope Lens
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE To launch In India September 8th
- 6.5” FHD+ Super AMOLED (120Hz) Screen
- Snapdragon 888 Processor
- 3X 12MP Rear Cameras, 32MP Front Camera
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- 128GB/256GB Storage
- 4,500mAh battery w/ 25W fast charging
OnePlus 9RT To Launch In India Soon?
- Spotted on BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) Certification site with model number MT2111
- Handset to launch in India and China only
- OnePlus 9RT may include a 50 MP triple rear camera array, Snapdragon 870 SoC, 8GB RAM, and up to 65W fast charging support