Last Updated on
If you’re a firearm holder, it’s always wise to keep your weapons as safe as possible in your home. To do so, the natural go-to is to get a secure gun safe and ensure nothing goes awry. There are hundreds of different models on the market all showcasing varying levels of security and features, so it can be tricky to find the exact model and type you might need.
Moreover, usually, gun safes are pretty expensive coming in at hundreds of dollars even for the more basic versions. Slap some extra tech on top of it, like fingerprint scanners and voice controls, and it could even reach the thousands. But, with Black Friday just around the corner, it will soon be the perfect time to pick one up at a somewhat affordable rate.
If you want the best Black Friday gun safe deals this year, we’ll be listing them all below so you won’t have to trawl through endless web pages and potentially miss out on some smoking-hot savings.
Best Gun Safe deals in 2022
Despite Black Friday being still some time away, several retailers are hosting their own sales on gun safes currently, including Dick’s Sporting Goods and Amazon. These gun safe deals are listed below:
- Amazon: Large Rifle Safe, Long Gun Safe for Rifle Shotgun for Home, Quick Access 5-6 Gun Storage Cabinet with a Handgun Lock Box and a Removable Shelf, $359.99 (save $140)
- Amazon: ONNAIS Gun Safe – Biometric Gun Safe for Pistols, Quick-Access Pistol Safe, $89.99 (save $50)
- Amazon: awesafe Gun Safe with Fingerprint Identification and Biometric Lock, $109 (save $50)
- Dick’s Sporting Goods: Fortress 12 Gun Fire Safe, $549.99 (save $50)
- Dick’s Sporting Goods: Wasatch 24 Gun Fire Safe with Electronic Lock, $749.98 (save $100)
- Dick’s Sporting Goods: Fortress 64+4 Gun Fire Safe with Electronic Lock, $999.98 (save $200)
- Walmart: JINS & VICO Gun Safes & Cabinets, Metal Digital Password Fireproof Gun Safe, $279.99 (save $50)
- Walmart: Stack-On Convertible 18-Gun Cabinet, $327.09 (save $71)
Where to find the best gun safe Black Friday deals?
Any outdoor-specific shops, such as Home Depot, Dick’s Sporting Goods, and Lowes, as well as wholesale stores, like Amazon, Walmart, and Costco, will serve Black Friday gun safe deals around the holidays. You could even look into specific gun stores themselves, or safe retailers, as they will be hosting their own sales, as well.
Below is a list of some of the best online retailers that will be hosting Black Friday gun safe deals:
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Home Depot
Last year’s Black Friday Gun Safe deals
Barska – Safe for Handguns
Barska – Extra-Large Biometric Rifle Safe
Viking Security Safe VS-52BLX
KAER Digital Safe Box
Barska – Large Biometric Safe
When will gun safe Black Friday sales start in 2022?
Black Friday is set to start on November 25th this year, but certain retailers will be kicking off their sales earlier than that, most likely. For instance, Walmart will reportedly be starting its own discounted Black Friday sales on November 2nd online and November 4th in-stores.
Thus, it comes down to where you want to get your gun safe and how much you might be wanting to save. Here’s a list of specific gun safe stores with their own Black Friday schedules:
- Walmart: Online November 2nd at 7 PM EST, in-stores November 4th at 5 AM local time
- Amazon: November 25th, running for 48 hours
- Dick’s Sporting Goods: November 21st to November 27th
- Home Depot: November 14th to December
- Costco: Early Season starts November 1st to November 13th, and Holiday Savings starts November 14th to November 28th
- Lowes: November 25th to December 1st
How to get the best Black Friday gun safe deals in 2022?
Beyond simply this page, which will be consistently updated as Black Friday draws near, the best way to get ahead of these gun safe deals is by keeping a close eye on discounted pages and store newsletters. If you have a specific gun safe in mind, maybe track it and keep your eyes peeled for when prices fluctuate.
Are cheap gun safes worth it?
There’s a vast difference between buying something cheap and buying something at a discounted price. Cheap, in this scenario, would mean picking up a gun safe that is especially low-priced, yet likewise built flimsily or without necessary security enhancements.
Go with something that your wallet can afford, but not something that looks to be cheaply made. The best way to do this is to look for specific brand names that are common amongst gun safe providers, such as Fortress, Stack-on, and Wasatch. Additionally, customer reviews are your best friend in this situation.
Are fireproof gun safes worth it?
While fire-resistant safes can be helpful in certain situations, aiding against damage to your weapons and documents, the safe is easier to break into given that the metal used is thinner than non-fireproof alternatives.
Fireproof safes can be quite useful, too, in aiding against potential smoke damage, so it really comes down to your own specific preferences. But, if you are worried about a burglary or live in a somewhat dangerous neighborhood, it’s better to go with something a bit stronger to ward off theft.
Do gun safes need to be climate controlled?
It’s not necessarily important, but depending on where you live it should be something to keep in mind, as the exterior temperature can affect the inside of the gun safe, and thus have detrimental damage to your weapons. With this in mind then, it’s better to not keep your gun safe in a garage, attic, or basement, as both extreme cold and heat can be somewhat of a problem.
Other Black Friday Deals in 2022
If you found the above Black Friday deals helpful and managed to bag yourself some top tech at a discounted price, why not check out our other dedicated deals pages? Here are some we recommend: