Last Updated on
When using YouTube, the “Invalid response received” error message can pop up in a variety of different circumstances.
If you’re wondering how to get rid of the “Invalid response received” error message, you’ve come to the right place.
In this article, we’ll cover how to fix the “Invalid response received” with a few useful methods that are handy to know.
There are a few reasons that you might be experiencing issues when using YouTube.
Whether you have an ad-blocker installed, or there’s an issue with the browser that you’re using, there are a few ways you can try to rectify the issue.
Keep reading to find out more.
How To Fix “Invalid Response Received” On YouTube
Follow our three steps below to help resolve this issue.
Refresh The Page
Before you try anything else, you should try refreshing your page and this might be enough to clear the error message.
This can occur when a query isn’t submitted properly to Google. At this point, you receive the error message.
Refreshing your web page will send the request to the server again, and the page should respond without any issues.
To refresh the page, you need only click the Refresh icon in the top left-hand corner.
Alternatively, you can place the cursor into the search bar and press the Enter key as another method of refreshing the page.
Disable Ad Blocker Extension
As I briefly mentioned, you could be experiencing this problem due to an Ad blocker extension. YouTube is full of adverts, which is why YouTube might be displaying the error message when you try to access its content.
This occurs with a few ad blocker extensions, and you will have to disable the one that you use to determine whether it’s the cause of the problem.
To disable an Ad blocker extension, you will need to:
- Click the Extensions button on Google Chrome. This is the puzzle icon in the top right-hand corner of the browser.
- Find the Extension that you would like to disable. Click it.
- When using AdBlock, for instance, you will be offered the option to pause AdBlock on this site either once or always. Choose which option you would like.
- Once you’ve disabled your Ad blocker, you will need to refresh YouTube to see if the issue has been resolved.
- If the problem persists, then I recommend that you try using a different Ad blocker to see if this rectifies the issue. There are plenty of free options online.
Check Google Name Account
If you find that you’re experiencing this issue when you’re trying to add a comment to a YouTube video, it is likely a problem that is being caused by your Google account.
This occurs when you have created a Google account, but don’t add a name. When you don’t add a name to your Google account, Google will use your email address instead, which can cause the problem.
To fix the problem, you will need to set your name up.
- Whether you’re working on a PC or a laptop, you will first need to open up your browser.
- Go to your Google Account.
- You will need to double-check that you are signed in to the correct Google account. This is only important if you are using multiple Gmail accounts at once
- On the left-hand side of the page, click the Personal Info button.
- Once this opens, click the name field and provide your first and second name in the boxes.
- Once you have finished adding your name, you will then need to click the Save button. If you don’t do this, your changes won’t save, and you will likely face the same issues.
- Once you have saved the issues, you should have resolved the issue and you should be able to comment on YouTube videos without any trouble.
So, that’s how you fix the “Invalid response received” error message on YouTube.
Hopefully, this article has given you a better idea of methods you can try to get rid of this error message!
Good luck and enjoy browsing YouTube error-free!