It’s finally fixed, the Apple Watch locking bug isn’t a problem anymore, but we still need to know how to unlock iPhone with Apple Watch. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with some simple steps, but your iPhone and Apple Watch will need to meet the following requirements first:
- An iPhone that can use Face ID (iPhone X or later) and has iOS 14.5 or later.
- Apple Watch Series 3 or later that is paired with said iPhone
- iPhone needs WiFi and Bluetooth to be turned on
- Apple Watch needs to be on your wrist and unlocked
- Apple Watch needs to have its passcode and wrist detection turned on
- You’ll need to be wearing a facemask or sunglasses to conceal either to top or bottom half of your face.
How To Unlock iPhone With Apple Watch - Requirements
Good to go? Brilliant! Follow the simple steps below:
How To Unlock iPhone With Apple Watch - Set Up
Go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode and type your passcode. Find the heading ‘Unlock With Apple Watch’ and toggle it on. Just a heads up, if you don’t have wrist detection enabled on your Apple Watch, you’ll be asked to turn it on.
How To Unlock iPhone With Apple Watch
Now that you are all set up, let’s learn how to unlock iPhone with Apple Watch. It’s very simple and works similarly to Face ID. Wake your iPhone by raising it or tapping the screen and look at your iPhone to unlock it. As we’ve mentioned earlier in this how-to guide, you’ll need to be wearing a facemask or sunglasses to allow this functionality to work. If you end up unlocking by mistake, don’t worry as your Apple Watch displays a haptic feedback notification. Just tap the ‘Lock iPhone’ button on your Apple Watch screen, but you’ll need to enter your passcode the next time you unlock your iPhone.
For all things iOS, make sure to bookmark and check out our iOS Hub.