Last Updated on
Oculus Quest 2 is the easiest (and arguably the best) way to explore the world of VR and at some point the Metaverse. Meta is building the Oculus eco-system into an interconnected world built for work or play, but you can access amazing VR rhythm games such as Beatsaber, or go to a galaxy far far away with the Vader Immortal series. Seriously, you can fight Darth Vader with this thing!
Although it doesn’t take much arm twisting to buy a portable VR headset that’s fully supported with decent clarity, Amazon is giving customers a £50 Amazon voucher when they buy the Oculus Quest 2 as part of their Black Friday deals. If you want to try out Oculus Rift titles on the Quest, simply plug into a compatible PC and have fun.
The secret to Oculus Quest 2s success above the competition is its power in relation to its pricing. You won’t find a more capable headset that has such a large library at this price point. Thanks to its system on a chip design, users can enjoy a decent battery life without sacrificing performance.
Oculus Quest 2 Specifications
- Product Dimensions: 191.5 mm x 102 mm x 142.5 mm (strap folded in), 191.5 mm x102 mm x 295.5 mm (strap fully opened up)
- Product Weight: 503g
- Tracking: Supports 6 degrees of freedom head and hand tracking through integrated Oculus Insight technology.
- Storage: 64GB or 256GB
- Display Panel: Fast-switch LCD
- Display Resolution: 1832×1920 per eye
- Display Refresh: 72Hz at launch; 90Hz support to come
- SoC: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ XR2 Platform
- Audio: Integrated speakers and microphone; also compatible with 3.5mm headphones.
- RAM: 6GB
- Battery Life: You can expect between 2-3 hours based on the kind of content you’re using on Quest 2; closer to 2 hours if you’re playing games and closer to 3 hours if you’re watching media. At any point, you can check the battery status of your headset in the Oculus App settings or in VR via Oculus Home.
- Charge Time: With the provided USB-C power adapter, Quest 2 will charge to a full battery in about 2.5 hours.
- IPD: Adjustable IPD with three settings for 58, 63 and 68mm.
- Playspace: Stationary or Roomscale supported. Roomscale requires a minimum of 6.5feet x 6.5 feet of obstruction-free floor space.
- Dimensions: 9 x 12cm (per controller, includes tracking ring)
- Weight: 126g (per controller, no battery installed)
- Requires 2AA batteries (included in the box; 1 for each controller)