It’s that time again, where Apple gears up to provide the masses with a new iOS update and as usual, there are beta versions of this software that can be acquired by developers and the general public alike.
The latest version of this iOS public beta is iOS 15 public beta 5 and surprisingly enough, it’s pretty simple to get it. There’s also a bunch of new features for you to enjoy in this build which we’ll touch on right now. We’ll also take you through the release date and how to download the iOS 15 public beta so you can install it on your device.
iOS 15 Public Beta 5 New Features
- New Weather app icon introduced to bring it more in line with the Maps icon, giving it more ‘depth’.
- New App Store indication for when you’ve installed a ‘TestFlight’ beta version of an app.
- Maps, Home, and Photos apps now have new onboarding screens.
- Legacy Contacts has been removed but will return in a future release.
- Design tweaks to “Notifications while in Focus”.
- New “Use Large Icons” setting in “Home Screen & Dock”.
- New explanation of the Smart Lists feature in “Reminders”.
- New accessibility setting for “Show Color in Top and Bottom Bars”.
- “iPhone Findable After Power Off” message.
- New Location Services popup in the App Store.
Here are all the new features in the iOS 15 public beta 5:
iOS 15 Public Beta 5 Release Date
If you want to get that iOS 15 public beta 5 on your Apple device, you’ll be happy to know that it is available right now! Yes, Apple pushed it live on August 11th so go out and get it tested!
iOS 15 Public Beta 5 Download
Looking to download the iOS public beta 5? You’ll have to sign up for the Apple Beta Software Program by clicking this link.
Be aware though, while installing iOS betas is a relatively safe thing to do, Apple does provide this warning just in case:
“The Apple Beta Software Program lets users try out pre-release software. The feedback you provide on quality and usability helps us identify issues, fix them, and make Apple software even better. Please note that since the public beta software has not yet been commercially released by Apple, it may contain errors or inaccuracies and may not function as well as commercially released software. Be sure to back up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and your Mac using Time Machine before installing beta software.”
While we think you won’t encounter any issues, we would certainly recommend backing up all of your data, photos, and whatever precious memories that are stored on your device just as a precaution.
iOS 15 Official Release Date
If you don’t want to mess around with any beta versions of the new iOS software for your Apple devices and have the burning question of “when does iOS 15 come out?”, you won’t have to wait too long.
While there’s no ‘official’ release date for iOS 15, based on past release trends, iOS 15 will be released shortly after the annual ‘September’ Apple event.