Last Updated on
Whatsapp Business is a messaging app from WhatsApp specifically designed for small businesses. It allows business owners new and direct ways to interact with and provide customer service to customers. Any owner can download the app for free and get full access to its features. However, it will need to be on a separate phone from one that is associated with another WhatsApp account or you can delete a WhatsApp account already on the phone. There are two versions of WhatsApp Business; WhatsApp Business made for small business owners and the API version, designed for larger businesses and needs approval from a WhatsApp partner.
This article will go over all the features and assess whether the Whatsapp business is worth it.
WhatsApp Business Features
Those with WhatsApp Business are able to:
Essential AI Tools
Originality AI detector
- Set up a business account: Business accounts are different from normal accounts as they can show the website, contact details, opening times, and other information about your business.
- Enable automatic responses to customers: Even when away from your phone custom messages can automatically be sent to customers.
- Send message broadcasts: Owners can send out broadcast messages to contacts who have their numbers saved. This can be sent to up to 256 contacts at a time.
- Categorize Customers: Users are able to add labels to customers and organize chats with them into categories such as orders or complaints.
- Create Catalogues: Products are able to be shown to customers through WhatsApp.
- Send quick replies: Prewrwitten replies can quickly be sent to customers.
WhatsApp Business API has all of the features of WhatsApp Business but it allows multiple people to use the account at once. This is handy for handling business with a large number of global customers.
It differs from the small business version of the app as contacts are required to message the business first in order for messages to be sent. Additionally, the reply must be within 24 hours or a messaging fee will occur.
WhatsApp Business API also allows for the use of partner software such as the use of custom notifications for customers and more customer management abilities.
Is WhatsApp Business Worth It?
WhatsApp is the worlds leading messaging service with over 2 billion users so there is a large chance that customers are already on the app. Most people interested in WhatsApp Business are small business owners. For them, the app will be free whilst offering great features and allowing for another way of modern direct communication with their customers.
For those interested in the API version it can be hugely beneficial as it allows free global communication with customers and a more personal customer service experience to help boost sales and reviews. Although there is a cost associated with the service such as set up, support, and messaging. It is hard to give a complete guide as the costs vary with the WhatsApp Business Partner used and the region the business is in, however, the first 1000 each month are free.
API Messaging Pricing Breakdown
|Market||Business-Initiated Rate ($)||User-Initiated Rate ($)|
|United Arab Emirates||0.0316||0.019|
|Rest of Africa||0.1208||0.0363|
|Rest of Asia Pacific||0.0745||0.0224|
|Rest of Central & Eastern Europe||0.0835||0.025|
|Rest of Latin America||0.0706||0.0423|
|Rest of Middle East||0.0727||0.0218|
|Rest of Western Europe||0.1324||0.0397|