- An easy-to-use wizard interface that provides step-by-step instructions for installing Windows/WinPE on a USB drive.
- Install Windows/WinPE from an ISO image or CD/DVD drive.
- Support for Windows NT 6.x OS family (Vista/7/8/8.1/2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2) and WinPE 2/3/4/5.
- Use any edition of Windows 8(.1) to create Windows To Go USB drive.
- Support for MBR and GPT disk layouts.
- Don’t need to install WAIK (Windows Automated Installation Kit) or WADK (Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit).
- Windows Vista/7/2008/2008 R2 does not have built-in USB 3.0 support, so Windows Vista/7/2008/2008 R2 will have to be booted from a USB 2.0 port.
- USB flash drives are very slow. It takes a long time to install and run Windows from a USB flash drive, highly recommend using a USB hard disk.
- Windows To Go drives can be booted on different computers, so you can carry it to anywhere and use it on any computer.
- Windows 7 is not completely portable. You may have activation and driver problems when booting on different computers.
- You need to be an administrator on the computer you are installing the WinToUSB on.
- Windows XP or later (32/64-bit).
- Intel Pentium processor.
- 256MB of available RAM (512MB or more recommended).
- 10MB of free space on your hard drive.
- 800×600 graphic device (higher resolution recommended)
- Support for creating Windows To Go directly from a VHD or VHDX
- Add support for encrypted ESD
- Fix other minor bugs
WinToUSB allows you to install and run a fully-functional Windows on an external hard drive, USB flash drive, or Thunderbolt drive. It is easy and efficient, with just a few simple steps and a few minutes, you can create your first portable Windows 10/8/7 directly from an ISO, WIM, ESD, SWM, VHD, VHDX image file, or CD/DVD drive, or you can use it to clone existing Windows OS installation (Windows 7 or later) to USB or Thunderbolt drive as portable Windows. WinToUSB also supports creating Windows installation USB flash drive from Windows 10/8/7/2019/2016/2012/2010/2008 R2 installation ISO file, with it you can install Windows from the USB flash drive easily.