Last Updated on
5G has become something of a buzzword in recent months, as millions of tech fans gear up for the latest upgrades in communication and technology. But just what is 5G E, is it the same as 5G, and should you be excited? Well, read on for all you need to know!
What Is 5G?
5G stands for fifth-generation mobile telecommunications technology. It’s the next step in cellular communications and promises better speeds, lower latency, and much greater capacity, as well.
Today's best modem deals!
ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
It has faster downloads, less laggy gaming experiences, and more efficient data transmission than 4G.
How Does 5G Work?
The first thing that most people notice about 5G is its speed.
5G uses a new radio frequency called mmWave (millimeter wave), which allows for extremely high-speed wireless connections, and this allows devices to connect much more quickly and effectively, making it easier to stream movies, videos, and media.
5G is also set to allow for far more efficient use of bandwidth than 4G.
In the past, consumers have been limited by the amount of data that devices and phones could send or receive at any one time, but 5G is likely to see an increase in the number of devices connected, meaning that there will be more data being sent around at once.
This is good news when out and about, as your phone will be able to access the internet more easily, with fewer lags and slow responses.
However, the biggest difference between 4G and 5G is that 5G is designed to handle large amounts of data more efficiently.
With 4G, users are limited by how much data they can transfer at any one time, so if you want to download a lot of content, you may struggle to do so.
5G will allow you to download huge files without worrying that you won’t be able to finish them off before you run out of data.
Faster Connection Times
- 5G will provide faster connection times than 4G, allowing us to stream video and play games online quicker.
More Efficient Usage Of Bandwidth
- 5G will be able to handle larger amounts of data at once, allowing us to download huge files without worry.
- 5G will provide stronger encryption, ensuring that our personal information remains secure.
- 5G will allow us to connect to WiFi hotspots more easily, providing better coverage across the country.
- 5G will provide a smoother experience when playing games online, as well as reduce the lag that often occurs on 4G networks.
- At present, 5G is only available in select areas of the US.
Can Be Expensive
- 5G can be a more expensive option
Lack Of Competition
- There aren’t many companies offering 5G services right now
What Is 5GE?
5GE stands for 5G Evolution and is the brainchild of AT&T. They claim that 5GE will offer the benefits of 5G, while using existing infrastructure, such as cell towers and base stations.
The theory behind this is that it will make 5G accessible to everyone, rather than only those who can afford to upgrade their current network.
However, critics say that 5GE is nothing more than a marketing ploy and that it doesn’t really improve upon the technology that we already have.
The future of mobile communications looks promising, with 5G showing great potential. It should mean that we’ll be able to enjoy faster speeds, more efficient bandwidth usage, and improved security.
We’ll be able to stream more content, download bigger files and stay safe online!
- NOW READ Not Registered On Network