Last Updated on
As iPhone cameras continue to get better and better, more photos are left collecting dust in the depths of your iPhone’s photo album. Knowing how to print photos from an iPhone can help save them from being lost!
Printing photos may seem like a difficult process but we are here to show you how easy it can be.
We explain a number of different ways that you can print photos from your iPhone, so that you can take your precious moments and transform them into tangible printed photos to share with loved ones to be looked back on forever.
How To Print Photos From An iPhone
Here are three great ways to get access to your photos and store them in real photo albums rather than in the virtual world.
Print Photos Using Your At Home Printer
If you have a newer printer in your home, chances are it has Wi-Fi connectivity, which means you can easily print photos, documents, or screenshots directly from your iPhone.
Some printers also support Apple AirPrint which is an Apple system that makes printing from Apple products much easier.
If your printer is not compatible with Apple Airprint you may need to install an app for your printer on your phone to do your printing, but again this is a straightforward process.
Print Photos Wirelessly Using AirPrint
AirPrint allows you to effortlessly connect your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to your printer wirelessly. Below we outline the steps to print using AirPrint. Please note that not all printers will support AirPrint.
- Open your Photos on your device
- Select the photo that you want to print and click on the share icon on the bottom left of your screen
- A menu will appear, scroll to the end and select Print
- This will prompt another menu to appear, here click on Select Printer and select your home printer
- Use the Options part of this screen to adjust the paper size or printing settings as necessary
- Once you are happy with the settings tap Print and within moments your printer will whir into action
Troubleshooting For Method One
If you are having difficulties printing using this method check below for possible solutions.
- Ensure that both your printer and phone are on the same wireless network and both have Wi-Fi turned on.
- Ensure your printer is within range of your Wi-Fi router to ensure it can pick up a signal.
- You may need to restart your Wi-Fi router, printer, or iPhone for lingering issues, this should fix the issues you are having.
- Your printer might not be compatible with Apple AirPrint.
- You cannot connect your iPhone to a printer using a USB cable as this would require additional support software and
- drivers which iOS can not do. If your printer has a USB port you could alternatively email your photos to your computer, or AirDrop them to your computer if it is an Apple device, and then print your pictures using your computer and the USB connection.
Print Photos Wirelessly Without Using AirPrint
As long as your printer has Wi-Fi connectivity it is still possible to print photos wirelessly without using AirPrint.
Wi-Fi printers often have apps that enable you to print wirelessly from your devices, follow the steps below to print using this method.
- Firstly you will need to download the necessary app for your printer, you can find out what app you need by checking your printers operation manual or by checking on the manufacturer’s website.
- Once you have downloaded the relevant app through the App Store you will need to follow the on-screen instructions to connect your printer to your iPhone.
- Within the app, you will give access to the photos on your iPhone and this is how you will select the photos that you wish to print.
- Using the print preview, ensure you are happy with the printing size and quality, then simply press print for your images to start to print.
Print Photos Using A Mini Printer
Mini printers are very popular as they are portable and easy to use, with most models being compatible with any type of smartphone.
Websites such as Amazon are flooded with different makes and models of mini printers and you can also find huge ranges in tech stores across the world.
Here we look at one of the most popular mini printers, the Canon Ivy Mobile Mini Photo Printer, which you can buy here from Amazon or here from the official Canon website. Below we explain the basic steps for using this device.
Download the Canon Mini Print App from the App Store.
Open The App
Open the app and closely follow the instructions on your screen which will help you to set up your mini printer.
Exit the app and open the Settings App on your iPhone, turn on Bluetooth and connect to the Canon Mini Printer.
Canon Mini Printer App
Now, reopen your Canon Mini Printer App and click on the Printer icon on the main screen.
Choose Canon Mini Printer on the Choose Printer screen.
The printer icon will be visible in the top-right corner of the app when your printer is successfully connected.
Select And Print
Using the app, view and select the photos you wish to print by pressing Select and Print.
It really is as simple as that!
Print Photos Using A Third-Party App
Third-Party photo printing apps are becoming more popular. These apps charge a subscription fee which often covers the price of postage when you order a batch of prints.
These apps are very affordable and often you are given a number of free prints each month which are shipped with your order directly to your delivery address.
Two of the most popular apps are FreePrints and Shutterfly. We explain how these apps operate below.
FreePrints is an app that enables you to print 85 4×6-inch pictures every month for free. There are no subscription plans and all you need to pay for is the postage, which is usually as cheap as $1.99.
Setting up an account is quick and simple and your deliveries often deliver within a matter of days.
Shutterfly is another third-party photo printing app that is very popular. Shutterfly differs from FreePrints as you can also use it to order other products, such as canvas prints, photo books, and large-format prints.
Prices vary depending on your order but Shutterfly has built up a reputation for being well priced and a reliable service.
Now you know how to print photos from iPhone, we hope we’ve helped you to bring the photos you take on your iPhone to life.
The majority of the above methods also work for printing from other Apple devices too, giving you a huge range of ways you can access your photos for printing.