Best Gaming Speakers of 2023 – Top Picks for Bass, Budget, and RGB
In this article, we’re on a mission to find the best gaming speakers that will take your gaming experience to a higher level. Good speakers are essential for any gaming setup, providing immersive sound that brings your favorite games to life. The right set of speakers gives you a crucial auditory advantage, allowing you to hear every detail and react faster in the gaming environment.
Gaming speakers are specially designed to enhance the audio in video games, making the experience more immersive and engaging. A quality set of speakers can make a significant difference, allowing you to catch subtle audio cues, enjoy the game’s soundtrack, and get more involved in the story.
Products at a Glance
How we picked the best gaming speakers
Selecting the best gaming speakers involves a meticulous review of publicly available benchmarks and a comprehensive analysis of user feedback and expert opinions. We assess the performance, durability, and reliability of the speakers, paying close attention to the sound quality and the accuracy of audio reproduction. Moreover, we’re able to pull on our in-depth topic knowledge of technology, audio, and enhancing the gaming experience to make a call on what speakers might make a good addition to your setup.
Additionally, we consider the speaker’s compatibility with different devices and gaming platforms, ensuring that our recommendations cater to a wide array of gaming setups. Practical aspects such as design, ease of use, and additional features like RGB lighting or Bluetooth connectivity are also evaluated to provide a well-rounded perspective.
In essence, the best gaming speakers will let you enjoy the sound design and music of your favorite games without having to make use of a headset. However, individuals will have different personal preferences on their audio setup. While this article focuses on gaming speakers, we’ve also got plenty of other guides, such as the best soundbar and best gaming headset to cover you on all audio bases.
Best Gaming Speakers of 2023 – Top Picks for Bass, Budget, and RGB
- Powerful audio with deep bass
- Convenient wireless control dial
- Multiple connectivity options
- Lacks a dedicated remote
- Limited customization options
- No built-in EQ presets
The Logitech Z407 offers a captivating audio experience for gamers with its well-engineered sound dynamics and wireless control. The speakers come with a 20-watt RMS output and a 40-watt peak performance, ensuring that users receive a powerful sound with clear audio quality.
Additionally, these speakers also feature a down-firing subwoofer that further enhances the bass, promising a comprehensive sound output that captures a wide range of audio frequencies for an immersive gaming experience.
The Logitech Z407 is quite versatile, enabling users to connect up to three devices through Bluetooth, micro USB, and the 3.5 mm headphone jack, making switching between devices quite seamless. The wireless control dial is a unique feature, allowing users to control the volume, bass, and treble, as well as pause and play tracks from a distance.
- Impressive, immersive audio
- Powerful subwoofer
- Handy control pod
- Ambient lighting could be improved
- Slightly expensive
- Limited equalizer customization
Razer Nommo V2 Pro comes with a powerful 2.1 speaker system weighing 5.84 lbs for the speakers and 10.14 lbs for the subwoofer. The speakers’ dimensions stand at 130 x 184 x 181 mm, ensuring they don’t occupy much space, and the subwoofer sizes up at 265 x 300.5 x 265 mm. The speakers house 2x 3.2-inch drivers and a formidable 5.5-inch woofer in the sub for excellent clarity at all frequencies, and extra oomph at the low-end. The system also supports Bluetooth 5.3 and offers USB-C to USB Type-A audio inputs, with the sub connecting via Bluetooth.
The Razer Nommo V2 Pro offers an incredible, immersive audio experience for gamers, providing clear highs, present mids, and a powerful bass that enriches the gaming adventure. The THX Spatial Audio and surround sound further contribute to the expansiveness of the sound, enveloping the gamer in a detailed and dynamic audio environment. Furthermore, the Razer Wireless Control Pod puts audio control at your fingertips, allows you to monitor and adjust settings such as volume, audio EQ, and more with greater ease and convenience.
- Vibrant RGB lighting
- Easy-to-use touch controls
- Versatile 24-watt RMS output
- Lacks a separate subwoofer
- Limited connectivity options
- Build quality could be improved
Embodying the perfect blend of aesthetic appeal and auditory excellence, the Redragon GS520 RGB Desktop Speakers are equipped to be a fantastic addition to any gaming setup. They come with vibrant RGB lighting, which offers a range of customizable colors and effects to suit your mood or match your gaming rig’s aesthetics. The speakers boast a combined 24-watt RMS output, ensuring that the sound is loud and clear for an immersive gaming experience.
For gamers who appreciate the visual appeal of their setup, these speakers stand out with their RGB lighting effects, enhancing the gaming environment. The speakers also come with easy-to-use touch controls, allowing users to effortlessly manage volume and lighting settings. Undoubtedly, these are some of the best PC speakers for those looking for an RGB-enhanced audio solution for their setup.
- Affordable price point
- Compact design
- Enhanced bass with subwoofer
- Limited advanced features
- No wireless connectivity
- RMS output is lower than some competitors
The Creative Pebble Plus comes as an affordable yet powerful speaker option for gamers. It features a 2.1 audio system with an impressive 8-watt RMS output that assures clear, room-filling audio. Paired with a newly designed subwoofer, it offers enhanced bass performance that can bring out the best in-game sounds and effects.
This budget-friendly option doesn’t compromise on sound quality, ensuring that users get a rich and immersive audio experience that enhances the gaming atmosphere. It is easy to use with simple volume knob on the front, making it practical for gamers who need quick access and adjustment. Its compact design also ensures that it doesn’t take up too much desk space, aligning well with users who have limited space but want quality sound. These speakers are a standout choice in their price range and work well for playing PC Games, streaming content, and watching movies.
How to Pick the Best Gaming Speakers For Your Needs
Whether you’re planning to spend hundreds of dollars or just a few bucks, it’s always best to make an informed decision before checking out. In order to arm you with the knowledge you need to make the best purchase possible, we’re going to look at a handful of key terms and then choose some of the best of the best from a few categories.
- Frequency Response: Frequency response is the range of frequencies that a given set of speakers can reach. Typically, the average range of human hearing ranges from 20Hz to 20,000Hz. This means that if a speaker has a narrower range than this some of either the higher or lower spectrum of hearing may be left out. Speakers that go wider than this range use the excess as a kind of “operating overhead” which allows them to produce the sounds within the range of human hearing with greater accuracy and less distortion. That being said, many of the best speakers don’t have this “overhead”, so it’s not required.
- Watts: Watts is a measurement of electrical power draw, and in the context of speakers gives a good indicator of how loud and powerful a set of speakers will be. While 12 watt speakers can easily fill a small room or even 1 bedroom apartment they will be far from impressive, while speakers with 80+ watts will be loud enough to startle people if you start playing something abruptly at high volume.
- 3.5mm jack: While there are more connectors for audio equipment than we can get into here, the one most people will be familiar with (even if the technical name for it isn’t familiar) is the 3.5mm jack. This is more commonly referred to as an “aux cable” connector and is what is found on most phones– or at least used to… I’m looking at you, Apple– computers, and laptops.
In concluding this insightful exploration into the realm of gaming speakers, the Logitech Z407 distinctly shines as the Editor’s Choice, redefining auditory brilliance with impeccable balance in sounds and a convenient wireless control dial.
The speakers exemplify versatility, compatibility, and a superior auditory experience, making them an exceptional investment for gamers who desire auditory excellence without compromise. Razer Nommo V2 Pro emerges as a juggernaut in bass delivery, ensuring a profound auditory impact, while Redragon GS520 elegantly combines visual vibrancy with solid sound performance, and Creative Pebble Plus offers an admirable blend of affordability and sound quality.