Last Updated on
Discord is a chat application that allows you to communicate with other members of your team or community. It has become very popular among game developers, streamers, and even some businesses.
Discord was created by Eric Wolff and Jack Conte in 2013. The idea behind Discord was to create a better way to collaborate over video games. Since then, it has grown into a global network with more than 100 million registered users.
Today's best modem deals!
ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Discord is a great tool for collaboration. If you want to build a welcoming community, you should consider using it.
What Are Discord Channels?
Discord has different channels where members can communicate with each other. These are chat groups in a sense, and can either be in the form of a voice channel or text channel. Each channel will be based on different topics and discussions and will have its own rules.
For example, text channels allow its members to message through text and send photos, files, and more. A voice channel enables users to voice and video call, share screens, and watch movies.
What Is A Welcome Channel?
Welcome channels are the same as any channel, but are used to welcome new users to the Discord server. They can also be used to send out announcements about events or updates to your Discord server.
This is the first channel a new user will be invited to, and it usually contains a welcome message, along with any rules or regulations surrounding the server.
How To Make A Welcome Channel Discord?
Create Your Server
- You need to create your server before creating the welcome channel.
- You can do this from your account settings page.
- Click on “Create New Server” and follow the instructions.
- This will take you to your server’s dashboard.
Add Members To Your Server
- Once you’ve created your server, click on the gear icon at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Then select “Manage Users”.
- Here, you’ll see all of your current members. You’ll notice there are two types of users: Regulars and Guests.
- Regulars are users who have been added to your server. Guests are people who haven’t yet joined your server.
- If you’re looking to add new members to your server, go ahead and invite them now.
- You can find their usernames under the “Invite People” section.
Set Up Rules
Rules help to set up the guidelines for your server.
There are three main categories:
General rules apply to everyone, regardless of whether they’re a regular or guest. For example, if someone misbehaves, they might get kicked off the server.
Voice rules apply only to voice calls.
- For example, if you decide to ban certain words, you could block those specific words from being said during voice calls.
Text rules apply only to text messages.
- For example, if your server allows file sharing, you may want to limit how much space people use.
Create Your Welcome Channel
Now that you’ve got everything ready, you can start making your welcome channel!
- Go back to your server’s dashboard, then click on “Channels.”
- From here, choose “Add Channel”, and name your channel whatever you’d like.
- Then, click on “Edit Settings” and enter your welcome message.
- You can also add an image to represent your welcome channel.
- Just upload one using the button below the message box.
- Next, click on “Save Changes” and you’re done!
Now, whenever someone joins your server, they’ll automatically be sent to your welcome channel.
How To Set Up A Welcome Message In Discord
When you’ve created your welcome channel, you can choose to have a welcome message sent to new members.
To accomplish this, go to system settings, which should open to the Overview page.
You can see at the bottom of the screen the settings regarding welcome messages. You can alter them here, and you can even select to turn welcome messages off altogether.
When you’re finished, make sure to click on “Save changes.”
How To Delete A Welcome Channel Discord
- To delete a welcome channel, simply go back into your server’s dashboard.
- Click on “Channels”.
- Choose “Delete Channel,” then confirm by clicking “Confirm”.
To conclude, creating a welcome channel on Discord is straightforward and stress-free! It is a great way to welcome new users and give them any information that is important to your server.