Last Updated on
iOS 15.2 is officially in the wild following an extended jaunt in beta release. Has Apple taken that time and used it wisely? For the most part, yes. Although iOS 15.2 is pretty much the same 15.2 that was in the Beta release, there are also some features to be found too. Check out our iOS 15.2 features article for all the information you’ll need.
What has iOS 15.2 fixed? Are there any issues or bugs you should know about? Here’s everything you need to know:
iOS 15.2 Bug Fixes
iOS 15 had a rocky start with a plethora of bugs and issues that shook the Apple tree one too many times. Here’s what Apple has stated they have fixed according to iOS 15.2 release notes:
- Siri might not respond when VoiceOver is enabled and iPhone is locked.
- ProRAW photos may appear overexposed when viewing in third-party photo editing apps.
- HomeKit scenes that include a garage door might not run from CarPlay when iPhone is locked.
- CarPlay might not update Now Playing information for some apps.
- Video streaming apps might not load content on iPhone 13 models.
- Calendar events might appear on the wrong day for Microsoft Exchange users.
There’s still the odd bug unaccounted for which should have also been fixed in iOS 15.2 such as:
- Cellular data not working on iPhone after iOS 15.1 update.
- Screen time bug showing unreal usage times for various apps and websites.
We’ll keep you updated as time goes on regarding fixes, but this is as official as it gets right now.
iOS 15.2 Issues
We’ve looked far and wide and put our own iPhones under the microscope here in the PC Guide office, but there’s nothing to report in terms of known issues or security holes introduced by iOS 15.2. We’ll keep you updated as time goes by, as with any new update, these things can take time to surface.
iOS 15.2 is 765.2MB if you’re updating from iOS 15.1. It’s simple to install and get going, just go to Settings > General > Software Update and tap download to install. It’s always best practice to have your phone charged over 50% and to be charging whilst the update takes place. Also, unless you’re on an unlimited data plan, make sure WiFi is turned on to avoid those out of bundle charges everyone loves.