- Purchase Oculus Link Cable – There are a few different options when it comes to link cables, but I’d recommend buying quality to ensure you get a decent service life from it. It’s going to have to weather a lot of movement.
- Turn On Your PC and Head On Over to roblox.com – If you haven’t created a Roblox account yet, do so. You can then download the PC “client”. The client is just technical terminology for something downloaded to your computer from the internet. In this instance, it’s the Roblox app.
- Download the Oculus App from oculus.com – Install the app. You’ll then be guided through the setting up of your profile.
- Turn On Your Headset – Your computer will ask you to pick out the model of headset you’re using.
- Plug the Straight End of the Cable into Your PC – It should fit into the USB-C port.
- Fit the link Cable to Your Oculus Headset – Take the angled end of the link cable, plug it into your headset and strap the wire in place to ensure it doesn’t fall out mid-game. You’ll need to do this before you don the headset.
- ut on Your Oculus Quest Headset – Before you can dive into the Roblox universe, you’ll need to complete the in-headset setup instructions. A prompt should pop up asking if you want to “Enable Oculus Link”. Select “Enable”.
- Select Roblox from Your PC App Library – Now that you’re connected via Oculus Link, you can launch games directly from your desktop.
- Select a VR World of Your Choice – Your VR Roblox adventure is about to commence!
- Purchase Virtual Desktop – Access the online Oculus store via your headset, find Virtual Desktop, and purchase it.
- Download the Virtual Desktop Companion App – This can be bought from the app store on your computer. It’s sort of like the receiving point of the wireless connection. Once downloaded, you can connect the devices by typing in your Oculus username.
- Select Roblox Via the Virtual Desktop Interface on Your Headset or Manually from Your PC – That’s the process over — easy, right?
- Pick the VR World You Wish to Explore.
Allowing players to program their own games and play those programmed by others, Roblox brings user interactivity to new heights, and we absolutely love it.
Released back in 2006, this innovative and kid-friendly sandbox game offers endless hours of fun and lets you bring your creativity to life in the virtual realm. Of course, I’m not saying anything you probably don’t already know.
What you may not be aware of is that not only can you create your own digital realms, but you can enter them too using a VR headset. That’s right, people, the future is now. The future is Roblox!
For a few years now, players have been developing Roblox worlds specifically for other users to enter and interact with it using PCVR, and it has led to some truly amazing gameplay.
If you want to get in on the virtual reality fun, you’ve come to the right place because I’m about to take you on a step-by-step journey into the virtual world of Roblox.
I’ll be focusing on the Oculus Quest 2 and the original Oculus Quest, so make sure you’ve got one of these revolutionary devices at the ready before you start this interdimensional journey guided by yours truly.
Got the gear? Great, countless new worlds await, so let’s get right to it!
A Brief Disclaimer
Although the Oculus Quests and Oculus Quest 2 are standalone gaming devices, you can’t play Roblox directly through them without a console or computer.
It’s weird, right? You’d think a minimalistic, “blocky”, world-making game would fit right into the Oculus Quest catalog; Roblox is rife with VR potential. However, as it stands, there isn’t a way to cut out the middlemen (or middle machines anyway) and play Roblox as a standalone VR title.
Hopefully, the Roblox and Oculus teams will remedy this in the future, but for now, we’re going to have to hook our Oculus headsets up to a VR-ready PC in order to take residence in these new worlds.
Methods of Connecting Oculus Quest Headset to Your PC
If you’re wondering how in the heck you connect your Oculus headset up to your computer, don’t worry about it. It’s both easy and affordable — hurray!
There are two ways you can go about it. You can choose the wired route using an Oculus Link Cable, or you can go wireless using an app known as Virtual Desktop.
Connecting your Oculus Quest Headset to Your PC Using Oculus Link Cable
If you’re looking for a super reliable way of hooking your Oculus Quest 1 or 2 up to your PC, there’s no reason you shouldn’t invest in an Oculus Link Cable and get stuck in right away.
If that sounds good to you, follow these simple steps to get started.
Final Note on Wired VR – When shopping around for your Oculus Link cable, the important thing to remember is that it needs to be long enough to reach your play space without restricting your movement.
Connecting Your Oculus Quest to Your PC Via Virtual Desktop
Costing just $19.99, Virtual Desktop is actually the most budget-friendly way to play Roblox in VR, plus, you get the added luxury of zero wires! No tripping over for you.
Virtual Desktop doesn’t only eliminate the trip hazards in your virtual life, it also allows you to access your PC interface remotely from your headset — pretty cool, right?
Putting the icing on the cake, a recent Virtual Desktop update eliminates the need to use a 3rd party patch in order to wirelessly connect your headset to your computer. Virtual Desktop takes care of everything in-house now, which makes the process a lot easier.
To get things started, you’ll need to…
Final Note on Wireless VR – Wireless connections are great and all, but the stability of the connection depends on the quality of your hardware and the strength of your network connection. If you feel like this might be an issue, stick with the Oculus Link Cable.
There you have it, world builders! Despite Roblox not being an Oculus title, you can still connect your headset up to your computer for some awesome VR shenanigans. It’s easy, affordable, and insanely fun. We’ll catch you in-game!