Last Updated on
WhatsApp is the world’s premier messaging service with over 2 billion monthly users. People can share texts, media, documents, and more for free. It can also lead to people getting unwanted messages and spam from users across the world. Luckily WhatsApp has a handy tool to block contacts that is quick and efficient. It prevents users from being messaged, their last seen status being seen and their profile picture from being visible.
This article will go over the quick steps on how to block someone on WhatsApp.
How To Block Someone On WhatsApp
Block a contact
Sometimes you need to block a contact already saved on your phone. Luckily, this is quick and simple.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Search for the contact you want to block and open the chat.
- Press on the three dots in the top right-hand corner.
- Choose more and then block.
- Open WhatsApp
- Search for the contact you wish to block
- Select their username and at the bottom of the menu is the block button.
How To Unblock Someone On WhatsApp
Unblock a contact
If you have a change of mind and want to unblock a contact this can easily be done.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Search for the person you wish to unblock and open the chat.
- Press the three dots in the top right hand corner
- Choose unblock.
Does a person know if you block them on WhatsApp?
Fortunately, Whatsapp doesn’t notify users when they have been blocked. However, there may be some ways a person can tell if they are blocked, but they are not certain.
Being able to block contact is a great way to prevent unwanted messages from reaching you the feature is discrete so the person on the other end won’t know. Additionally, it doesn’t have to be permanent, unblocking a contact is as easy as blocking them