Last Updated on
iOS 15.1 Beta 3 is set to continue the general feature stability of iOS 15.1 Beta 2, hopefully, with some added features we are still waiting on from Apple. It’s been a rocky start for iOS 15 in general, with SharePlay missing from general release to Apple Watches not unlocking iPhones. In one way or another, these issues and many more have been fixed.
iOS 15.1 Beta 3 Fixes
Whilst we don’t have the release notes just yet, we know the Apple Watch issue and also the ‘Storage Full’ message when accessing the Settings app has been resolved. What about current bugs? Let’s take a look at what should be being fixed in iOS 15.1 Beta 3:
- Spotlight search crashing when using certain letters
- Changing wallpaper via shortcuts not available
- Play/Pause controls not working when watching a video
- Safari video playback not working
iOS 15.1 Beta 3 Features
iOS 15.1 Beta 2 brought back some features we’ve been dying for whilst introducing some new ones that are all working how they should be:
- Apple wallet immunization records
- Spatial audio changes – Spatialize option and noise control widget working fine in control center
- Announce calls option icon now includes FaceTime
- World time Watch Face
- Improved battery and core performance over iOS 15.1 Beta 1
So what’s going to be added to iOS 15.1 Beta 3? Here are some solid bets:
- Drivers Licence and ID feature: Already enabled in certain US states, should continue to expand in iOS 15.1 Beta 3.
- App Privacy feature: Clearly display app permissions and manage privacy rather than going into each individual app
- Find my AirPods: AirPod proximity software is currently in private testing, let’s hope it drops in iOS 15.1 Beta 3.
- New emojis have been teased.
- Pro Resolution Video for iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max needs to drop sooner rather than later.
iOS 15.1 Beta 3 Release Date
Whilst we don’t have a definitive answer on when iOS 15.1 Beta 3 will be released, we know that the last two Betas have dropped on a weekly cycle. iOS 15.1 Beta 2 dropped last Wednesday 29th September, which means iOS 15.1 Beta 3 should be with us anytime now. Normally, Apple releases four or five Betas before a full public release. This means we should see a full iOS 15.1 release before the end of October if Apple sticks to weekly release schedules.
For all the latest and guides on iOS, make sure to bookmark and check out our iOS Hub