Last Updated on
Meta will launch a new AI chat bot for all Meta social apps besides Threads. The beta rollout will include celebrity chatbot collaborations from the likes of Kendall Jenner, Snoop Dogg, Paris Hilton, MrBeast, and Tom Brady. Will Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg and his Meta AI chatbot platforms catch up with OpenAI’s ChatGPT and Google Bard?
What is the Meta AI chatbot?
You’ll find the new AI chatbot across all social media apps owned by Meta, aside from Threads. Meta AI is an artificial intelligence assistant, which you can “interact with like a person”, and is also coming soon to Ray-Ban Meta smart glasses and Quest 3.
It’s powered by a custom model that leverages technology from Llama 2 and our latest large language model (LLM) research. In text-based chats, Meta AI has access to real-time information through our search partnership with Bing and offers a tool for image generation.Meta press release
The new characters will be coming to social media platforms Instagram, Whatsapp, and Facebook messenger, and chat to users much like a human from their existing contacts list. Meta’s Vice President of AI, Ahmad Al-Dahle, has not yet confirmed whether the artificial intelligence chatbots will be able to send AI stickers – another new AI feature coming to “WhatsApp, Messenger, Instagram, and Facebook Stories” with AI image generation powered by the Emu image model.
Essential AI Tools
7-in-1 AI Content Checker – One-click, Seven Checks
Winston AI detector
Originality AI detector
28 AI chatbots built on Meta’s own proprietary foundational model have been announced, each with “unique interests and personalities”. Some of these will be “played by cultural icons and influencers” and each of them will have profiles on Instagram and Facebook, not as their celebrity selves, but ‘in character’ as AI.
- Charli D’Amelio as Coco, Dance enthusiast.
- Chris Paul as Perry, Pro golfer helping you perfect your stroke.
- Dwyane Wade as Victor, Ironman triathlete motivating you to be your best self.
- Izzy Adesanya as Luiz, Showy MMA prospect who can back up his trash talk.
- Kendall Jenner as Billie, No-BS, ride-or-die companion.
- LaurDIY as Dylan, Quirky DIY and Craft expert and companion for Gen Z.
- MrBeast as Zach, The big brother who will roast you — because he cares.
- Naomi Osaka as Tamika, Anime-obsessed Sailor Senshi in training.
- Paris Hilton as Amber, Detective partner for solving whodunnits.
- Raven Ross as Angie, Workout class queen who balances fitness with meditation.
- Roy Choi as Max, Seasoned sous chef for culinary tips and tricks.
- Sam Kerr as Sally, Free-spirited friend who’ll tell you when to take a deep breath.
- Snoop Dogg as Dungeon Master, Choose your own adventure with the Dungeon Master.
- Tom Brady as Bru, Wisecracking sports debater who pulls no punches.
How do you access Meta AI on Instagram, Whatsapp, and Facebook messenger?
All users will be able to access Meta AI chatbots for free while inside the Instagram, Whatsapp, or Facebook messenger apps. The chatbot will make predictive text suggestions, using natural language processing (NLP), to help you text faster than ever before.
Users will also be able to create AI-generated stickers with generative AI. To use AI stickers, simply type “@MetaAI /imagine” followed by descriptive text prompts, and you’ll be able to share the newly created and animated image with your friends.
In text-based chats, Meta AI has access to real-time information through our search partnership with Bing and offers a tool for image generation.Meta press release
Interesting to note is how Meta AI will be powered, in some respect, by Microsoft’s Bing Search engine – who are also partnered with Meta competitor OpenAI. How this relationship will change over time, with two rival AI chatbots sharing a common internet access provider, remains to be seen. Still, if Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella can keep both ‘clients’ (if you will) satiated, this stands to be one of the most impressive strategic plays of the century in big tech – with Bing finally having an advantage with which to make headway in market share against the worlds #1 search engine, Google.