Last Updated on
Most people like to listen to music when they work out. Some people like to listen to podcasts or even watch films instead. It makes the time go faster and it makes sweating out and burning those calories off fun!
Perhaps you work out a lot with a Peloton, be it at home or at a class at the gym.
Maybe you’re just beginning your Peloton journey and you want to listen to some music while you do that… but you’ve hit a bit of a wall in working out how to connect your AirPods to the Peloton, and that’s ruining the experience for you.
Well, don’t worry! In this article, we will tell you exactly what you need to do in order to get your AirPods connected to the Peloton, so you can listen while you exercise and enjoy your session.
Connecting AirPods To A Peloton
Connecting your AirPods to a peloton couldn’t be easier thanks to Bluetooth. Just follow the steps below and you’ll be connected in no time at all:
First, you want to tap on the settings display on your Peloton.
Second, you want to tap on the Bluetooth Audio.
Hold Button On The Back Of The Case
Make sure the Airpods are in their charging case.
Make sure the lid is open and hold the button on the back of the case for about 3 to 5 seconds.
Stop Holding The Button
Stop holding the button when the status light starts to flash and then close the lid.
Connect Airpods To Peloton
Check the list of Bluetooth devices on the Peloton, find the AirPods, and tap Connect.
To make sure the sound is actually coming from the AirPods, take a test ride on the Peloton.
After you’ve done the final step, give it a moment and your AirPods and Peloton will be paired. In the future, whenever you open the case, the AirPods will connect automatically.
Keep in mind that you cannot use Siri when the Airpods are connected.
Note: In step 4, if you are using AirPod Max headphones, press and hold the noise cancellation button until the status light flashes instead.
If your AirPods don’t connect, don’t worry! Most reasons why they aren’t connecting are really simple to sort out.
Here are a few reasons why this might be happening:
- First, your AirPods might be connected to another device already. It could be as simple as you haven’t disconnected them from your phone. Turn the Bluetooth off on your phone or disconnect the AirPods from it and try the steps again.
- Make sure the Bluetooth on the Peloton is actually on before you try connecting and make sure the Peloton isn’t connected to something else.
- Some Bluetooth devices may need to reset before they sync to the Peloton or the touchscreen. So you may need to reset and reconnect a second time before it works.
- Make sure your AirPod case is charged or you may have issues connecting.
- You might need to reset your AirPods, so if nothing else seems to work, give this option a try.
Connecting your AirPods to your Peloton is luckily a really easy process and you don’t have to worry about spending too much time pairing the two together.
If you’re having trouble connecting, remember to check the troubleshooting section for anything you might have missed in the setup process.
Sometimes it can be as simple as you’ve forgotten to disconnect your AirPods from your Bluetooth on your phone!
With the 7 easy steps listed above, you will be exercising with your favorite music, podcast, or film/tv show in no time!
When you’ve got the right audio at your disposal, exercising becomes fun and motivating!