Last Updated on
Best Black Friday Laptop deals
Notebook computers are among the most important travel necessities when it comes to getting work done on the go, but it’s not easy finding the best Black Friday laptop deals when you don’t exactly know what you’re looking for.
Such devices come in a wide range of varied types and sizes, most of which aren’t exactly cheap pieces of hardware. Luckily, we’ve got you covered on all of the best still ongoing and forthcoming sales surrounding laptops and how best to approach them with a budget in mind.
Today's best laptop deal!
Legion 7i Gen 7 Intel (16″) with RTX 3070 Ti
Whether it’s for video gaming or 4K editing, the laptops listed below will run the gamut across use cases and price ranges, so you won’t have to scour the internet in search of the very best hardware that fits your needs. What better time to upgrade than during Black Friday, as laptops hit their best price points?
Best Black Friday Laptop deals in 2022
We are seeing a swath of major laptop deals as Black Friday approaches. All of the best current deals on laptops from various retailers are listed below:
- Microsoft – Surface Pro 7+ – 12.3” Touch Screen 8GB 128GB SSD, $599.99 (save $330)
- Lenovo – Flex 3 Chromebook 11.6″ 4GB – 64GB, $99 (save $80)
- ASUS – Zenbook 15.6″ Laptop – AMD Ryzen 7 – 8GB Memory NVIDIA GeForce MX450 256GB SSD, $499.99 (save $370)
- ASUS Chromebook Flip CM3, 12″ Touchscreen HD, $199.99 (save $130)
Best Black Friday Macbook deals
- Apple MacBook Air Laptop 13″ 2020 – 256GB SSD – 8GB RAM, $799.99 (save $200)
- MacBook Air 13.6″ Laptop – Apple M2 chip – 8GB Memory – 256GB SSD (Latest Model), $1,049 (save $150)
- MacBook Pro 14″ Laptop – Apple M1 Pro chip – 16GB Memory – 512GB SSD $1,599 (save $400)
Best Black Friday Gaming Laptop deals
- Razer Blade 14″ Gaming Laptop: AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX 8 Core, $1,999.99 (save $800)
- Alienware – m15 R5 15.6″ FHD 360Hz Gaming Laptop – AMD Ryzen R9 – 16GB Memory, $1,399.99 (save $600)
- HP – Victus 15.6″ Gaming Laptop – Intel Core i5 8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 512GB SSD, $479.99 (save $320)
- Colorful X15 AT Gaming Laptop, 15.6″ 144Hz IPS FHD, Intel 11th Gen Laptop Core i7 11800H NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptops, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, $999 (save $300)
Where to find the best laptop Black Friday deals?
Laptops are quite interesting, as they can be picked up from practically any major retailer with relative ease. To make finding the best Black Friday deals that work for you all the simpler, below is a list of all the major online stores that will be hosting sales during Black Friday.
Laptop Black Friday sales shortlist:
Best Black Friday Laptop deals
MSI GS66 Stealth 15.6″ Gaming Laptop
MacBook Air 13.6″ Laptop – Apple M2 chip – 8GB Memory – 256GB SSD (Latest Model)
Microsoft – Surface Pro 7+ – 12.3” Touch Screen – Intel Core i3 – 8GB Memory – 128GB SSD
MacBook Pro 14″ Laptop – Apple M1 Pro chip – 16GB Memory – 512GB SSD
Samsung – Galaxy Chromebook 2 360 12.4″ 128GB
Lenovo – Ideapad 14″ 64GB 4GB Memory
Alienware – m15 R5 15.6″ FHD 360Hz Gaming Laptop
When will laptop Black Friday sales start in 2022?
The official start date for Black Friday is November 25th, the day after Thanksgiving, but savings could kick off much sooner than that. Specific stores have their own set schedules for when they start their own sales, all of which will be detailed in full below:
- Amazon: November 25th to November 27th
- Best Buy: November 19th to November 28th
- Newegg: November 22nd to November 27th
- Target: November 21st to November 27th
- Walmart: Online starting November 2nd at 7 PM EST, in-stores on November 4th at 5 AM local time
- Microsoft Store: November 19th to November 26th
How to get the best Black Friday laptop deals in 2022?
There’s really no set, defined way to go about nabbing a laptop on Black Friday aside from knowing exactly what kind of product you want and keeping it on your radar as prices fluctuate. Several online stores, like Microsoft and HP, will allow you to keep the device on a watch list, but you can always count on this page to be updated regularly as Black Friday laptop deals roll in.
A good rule of thumb is knowing your budget and the specific features you want in a laptop before committing to anything. Will you be gaming a lot? Will you be doing basic tasks, like streaming video? Do you need beefier internals for stuff like digital art, 3D rendering, etc?
Knowing exactly what kind of workloads you’ll be doing before making a final decision is imperative and keeping a close eye on all of those major types going into the holiday season is your foolproof method for acquiring the best Black Friday laptop deals this season.
Features to consider when looking for Black Friday laptop deals
When it comes to laptops, there are a ton of different features you will have to consider beyond their discounted price point. Sure, paying $500 less than asking is certainly a nice bargain, but does that mean you’ll be getting the best deal for you and your needs? Not all the time. Thus, it’s imperative to know what specifically you are looking for beforehand and understand what kinds of bells and whistles you may need on your new laptop.
- SSD and general size: 256GB-1TB of storage depending on what you are using the laptop for. A 1TB SSD would be ideal for video editors and graphic designers, while 256GB is more than enough space for word processing, video streaming, etc.
- Operating System: Do you want a MacBook that has top-level security and the best-in-class content creation suite? Or, do you want Microsoft’s specially-tailored-for-gaming and assorted enterprise needs platform? Or even ChromeOS, which is no sooner growing into popularity? There’s really no wrong answer, as they all have their specific purposes, so it really comes down to you.
- Screen size: finally, the overall size of the device’s screen is the cherry on top. Sure, all those internals are important, but if you’re buying into modern hardware, they should be all up to the current standards. The screen size, however, can differ dramatically across specs, so you want to pick something that’s comfortable for you. Laptop screen sizes can range anywhere from 11 inches to 18 inches, with the large majority hovering around 13 and 15.
Is Black Friday a good day to buy a laptop?
Yes, it actually is, but it’s not the only day when you can expect to find great deals on a newer device. Cyber Monday, Amazon Prime Day, and several other holiday weekends are typically when you will find some of the best laptop sales, as newer models will be a bit more affordable.
It also comes down to how you’re going to purchase the laptop, whether it be online or in-store. When it comes to Black Friday, more than most of the best deals are found in stores as opposed to online. Even beyond Black Friday, manufacturers, such as HP, Microsoft, and Asus will be hosting their own special deals throughout the year, so it’s imperative to just stay vigilant on the product you want the most.
Are refurbished laptops OK?
With Black Friday laptop deals, it typically makes more sense to get a new device over a used one, but if the refurbished deal is right for you, just make sure the product is no more than two years old. As already mentioned, you’ll be getting a better overall investment by buying something relatively newer with more contemporary parts as opposed to saving more money on a device that has been refurbished.
If you’re really only getting a laptop for simple tasks, like surfing the web or typing up documents, buying a refurbished one should be fine, but purchasing a new one (at an affordable rate) would certainly be more ideal.
How much RAM do you need?
The RAM (Random Access Memory) within your machine is where most of your operating system’s data and application programs are stored for quick and easy access, so the device’s processor can get to them in a breeze. Thus, the amount of RAM you get solely depends on what you’ll be using the laptop for primarily.
Gaming-specific workloads could do with 8GB RAM and above, preferably 16GB for more advanced titles, while content creation tools and video editing will definitely require a bit more power. The sweet spot is always between 16GB and 32GB