Last Updated on
There’s a lot of interest in the AI-powered ChatGPT, which might have left you wondering how to use the ChatGPT Chrome Extension. Chrome extensions are a simple and convenient way to use internet applications, and that includes ChatGPT. By adding a ChatGPT Chrome plugin to your Google account, you will be able to access the features provided by the app quickly and easily. ChatGPT Chrome extension plugins work in a variety of ways. You can enhance search engine results as you desire, or you can highlight text from a website and give related instructions or queries to ChatGPT.
There are multiple ChatGPT extensions available at the moment, and many can really help with a variety of tasks. However, it’s best to do a bit of research on the extension you want to download before you add it to your Google account – some might not be legit.
How do I use ChatGPT Chrome extensions?
There are a lot of ChatGPT Google Chrome extensions available in the Chrome store right now. Merlin, WebChatGPT and ChatGPT for Google are some examples. Most of them work in a pretty similar way, at least on a basic level.
Essential AI Tools
Winston AI detector
Originality AI detector
- Before you start, make sure you have an OpenAI account.
- First things first: search the extension you are looking for in the Chrome Store.
- Then download the extension. You might have to create an account using a password, username, etc.
- Next, make sure the Chrome extension is active – you can do this by clicking the 3 dots in the top right of the Chrome page, then clicking ‘more tools’. Go to ‘extensions’ – you’ll then be able to turn certain extensions on or off.
- Now, you can use the ChatGPT extension. Highlight certain parts of a website to input them into the extension for any queries or commands you have. Or use the search engine with customised results. The only limit is your imagination!
Is there a ChatGPT extension?
Yes, there are various ChatGPT extensions. For example, there is an open-source Google Search ChatGPT extension you can add here. Additionally, you can also download a dedicated Chrome extension from GitHub too.
Which is the best browser for ChatGPT?
Many browsers support OpenAI’s ChatGPT. These include Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari among others. Essentially, there is no best browser for ChatGPT – it all depends on personal preference.
There doesn’t seem to be an official OpenAI-provided Chrome extension for ChatGPT just yet. However, that’s not to say there aren’t some worthwhile plugins out there. Merlin, WebChatGPT and ChatGPT for Google are all useful ways to implement the technology of AI in your day-to-day Google use. However, if you choose to download a Chat GPT extension, make sure you do your research first to avoid any faulty or fraudulent downloads.