Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: software

Unhappy software

]

My Paint,Imaging & wordpad programs have been deleted, following message dll missing. I've got other software to compensate for these? do I have to have them, if so where do I get them as I thought they were free with Windows 98?
    peter

Blog Entries

Boot to a Win 98 Start Up disk, or use the F8 key, and choose Command Prompt Only Type:
    scanreg /restore and replace the registry with a backup copy made before the programs disappeared. If that doesn't work...

Go to Start\Settings\Control Panel\Add/Remove Programs and click the Windows Setup tab. Scroll to the Accessories line, highlight it and click Details at lower right. Put a check in each box for the program you want to reinstall, and have the win98 CD handy. Uninstall them first, and reboot, if they are already checked. Then go back and reinstall.

I'd almost bet scanreg will fix it, chances are just the registry entries are gone.

------------------
    If you had everything...Where would you put it?

Computer Information Links

[This message has been edited by Paleo Pete (edited 10-11-2000).]
    Why do I drive way out here to see the wildlife when all the animals live in town?

Note: Please post your questions on the forums, not in my email. Otherwise I may sic my armed bear on you!

My Photography

Thread Information