Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: AMD processor

Post AMD processor

Is it possible to use an AMD K6-2 (500) on a motherboard with Socket A?

No, the K6-2 is a Socket 7 CPU.

------------------
    reido@my-deja.com

Friends don't let friends install Windows ME

Thumbs up

just to give ya a clue... so you don't have to ask which Proc. goes with each motherboard..

Slot 1 = pentium II & III Celerons
    Slot A = AMD Athlons
    s370 = Celeron
    Socket 7 = Pentuim, pentium MMX, Cyrix, AMD k6
    Sup Soket 7 = AMD K6/2 K6/3
    Socket A = Thunderbird Athlons and Durons

and of course but can't remember the motherboard but I'm pretty sure that the P4 is s423 or something like that..

Hope I was of some help... and If I'm wrong.. any of you guys correct me I don't want to give wrong info.. I'm a little bit drunk and I' typing quiet fast!!!

Actually, the Socket 370 now supports ALL Intel Pent. II & III chips and the Socket 423 handles the P4.

------------------
    Will XP save Me ?
    XP didn't save Me !

Are you sure about that Randy tx? My info says that there is a slight difference between socket 370 and FCPGA. Some socket 370s accept the flip-chip and some do not, depending on mobo manufacturer. Something to do with a reset pinout and voltage requirements for stability.

------------------
    He thrusts his fists against the posts but still insists he sees the ghosts.
    “The highest glory of the American Revolution was this: It connected in one indissoluble bond, the principles of civil government with those of Christianity." -John Quincy Adams

Thread Information