There shouldn't be any problem. You'll be using the router simply as a wireless access point (WAP) by the sound of it (ie if you're planning simply to tap into the existing ICS setup). Presumably your ICS Machine runs DHCP, so will set an IP address on laptop.
You'll just have to consider the security aspects of running a wireless link to the laptop. Where possible, you should:
01. Change username and password for configuration of WAP from the default settings
02. Restrict WAP configuration changes to wired link only
03. Allow only the MAC address of your PCMCIA card to access the WAP
04. Use encrypted transmissions (highest possible strength, same type and keys)
05. Disable broadcast of SSID from WAP