Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Bios question

Question Bios question

I have an option in my Bios that said Monitor Tracking, I have a compaq system and i have no idea what this does, it is disabled and i would like to know what it does, anyone have any ideas?

Moving up in the ranks
    They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the men next to you, and that's it. That's all it is.

Asset Tracking & Security:for management, allocation & deployment of desktop & monitor inventories (e.g. manufacturer, model & serial numbers of memory, hard drive and monitor; Asset & Ownership Tag ROM & system board revision level; DMI 2.0 BIOS & DMI Browser; Diagnostics for Windows; Smart Cover Lock; Power-on & Setup passwords; I/O Control features; Configuration Control Hardware; Memory Change Alert)

part of compaq network tracking software/hardware inventory control for pc's on a large network- makes them easier to manage.

nothing to worry about.

------------------
    sea1_69@hotmail.com

homepage

[This message has been edited by sea69 (edited 05-07-2002).]

Thread Information