Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Diamond Monster MX300 vs Sound Blaster

Question Diamond Monster MX300 vs Sound Blaster

Looking for feedback on which sound card to purchase ... am considering the Diamond Monster Sound MX300 and the Sound Blaster Live Value. Thanx

Soundblasters are good cards, and their support is pretty good too...I had a sb in my old computer and now I have the mx400 and they both work fine...still I'd probably go for the sb all the same...
    When all else fails, read the instructions.

Microsoft Knowledge Base

Drivers

Google

Thumbs up

Thanx for reply. I've been searching the web and many other forums for "word of mouth" recommendations, and it seems that many people do prefer the SB. I appreciate your taking the time to respond.

Blog Entries

I'd go for the Sound Blaster too, my 6 year old SB 16 is still working perfect, after being transferred and reinstalled a dozen times. It also probably has the best compatibility, since the SB is the card that pretty much set the standards for sound cards in general. You won't find many programs that won't work with them.

------------------
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you!
    Note: Please post your questions on the forums, not in my email.

Computer Information Links
    Why do I drive way out here to see the wildlife when all the animals live in town?

Note: Please post your questions on the forums, not in my email. Otherwise I may sic my armed bear on you!

My Photography

Question

Ok, now that it looks like I should go w/ SB, is there a better card I should be looking at instead of the SB Live Value?

Depends on what you want to do with it. They have the new 5.1 cards for tha dolby/dvd/audiophile crowd which are around 100 bucks at best buy...how much is the value? If you need mp3 software, there's the mp3 version...but as long as it's a sb live, you should be happy with it...
    When all else fails, read the instructions.

Microsoft Knowledge Base

Drivers

Google

Thread Information