Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Directx 9.0 compatible Sound Card

Directx 9.0 compatible Sound Card

Hi Guys,

I was checking this PC game requirements, NFSMW, and one of those should have a Directx 9.0compatible sound card. Does it mean that i have to buy a new sound card because i don't have it. I have onboard audio only. If so, how would i know that the sound card is DX9 compatible?

Waiting for your reply. Thanks.

If you have DX 9.0 installed on your system, then go to Start/Run, type dxdiag, click OK, click the Sound tab, adjust the slider to 'Full Acceleration', and press the 'Test DirectSound' button. If your sound adapter passes all tests, then it should be compatible with the game.
    If things do not work out with the game, then install a DX 9 compatible sound card.

My onboard Realtek ac'97 supports DX 9.0. If that does, almost any integrated audio does. I don't use it anymore, though, I got a sound card with RCA outputs for my surround sound
    Cooler Master HAF 932
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3R
    Xeon X3370 @ 4.0
    4GB OCZ DDR2-1150
    Intel X25-M 80GB
    WD Black 1TB
    EVGA GTX 285 Hydrocopper
    Swiftech 1/2" WC system on CPU and GPU

Thanks guys,

I just did what ski suggested but it is already in full acceleration. I have an onboard audio, soundmax, maybe it is my video card. I have only onboard video (64mb) intel graphics. My friend is giving me his video card, geforce fx5200, i hope this works. Thanks for the reply...

Did you run the sound tests in DXdiag?

i did make a soundtest and its okay. anyway, now i have a different problem with my pc. ill post this in the other section. hope to see your suggestion there. Thanks...

Thread Information