Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Burn in mode

Question Burn in mode

Hi, often when I come back to work on the morning, my monitor shows "Burn in mode", I have to reboot because there is nothing I can do. What is this burn in mode? It happen on my last PC, then I changed it for a new one but I kept the old monitor. Someone can help?

Question Burn in mode

I'll maybe be more loucky on this forum, here's my problem:

Often when I come back to work on the morning, my monitor shows "Burn in mode", I have to reboot because there is nothing I can do. What is this burn in mode? It happen on my last PC, then I changed it for a new one but I kept the old monitor and the problem is still happening. Someone can help?

Burn in mode may be a test mode in the monitor itself?

yes, but I tried to switch monitors, and it still showing "burn in mode"

Maybe I did not understand the problem described.
    Did you swap the PC to a different one or just swapped monitors and the problem stayed?

Both. The problem has started on the old PC. Then, I tried to swap the current monitor with an other one, the message burn in mode is still on the screen. Later, because this pc was pretty old, I bought a new one but I kept the first monitor. Everything was going well, but maybe 2 or 3 months later, the problem came back with the NEW pc, and the old monitor. Is it clear enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Peice
    Everything was going well, but maybe 2 or 3 months later, the problem came back with the NEW pc, and the old monitor. Is it clear enough?
    It is begining to look as if the monitor is the problem...do you have access to another monitor to try?
    AV, Anti-Trojan List;Browser and Email client List;Popup Killer List;Portable Apps
    “When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine
    Remember: Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titantic."

I tried with anothr one, the burn in mode stills. It is pretty weird...

PEICEWhat OS is installed?

First, have you tried using another monitor to see if this happens then?

Second, do you have a program for testing your computer (like SYSOFT SANDRA) installed on your computer? SS has a Burn In section for testing the hardware of a computer by putting it under stress. If you have such a program check to see if you have it set up to run a check at set intervals.
    Ernie

The difference between perseverance and obstinancy is that one is made from strong will, and the other from strong won't
    Henry Ward Beecher
    Do you have reading problems? Don't let it deter you. This is what YOU can do if you try http://www.erniek.eclipse.co.uk

Peice
    You have posted this twice (here and in the link below - see there for my reply). You only need to post into one forum, posting twice just gets things mixed up with answers scattered all over the place

http://www.pcguide.com/vb/showthread...417#post285417
    Ernie

The difference between perseverance and obstinancy is that one is made from strong will, and the other from strong won't
    Henry Ward Beecher
    Do you have reading problems? Don't let it deter you. This is what YOU can do if you try http://www.erniek.eclipse.co.uk

merged multiple posts

Thread Information