Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Retailer that will overclock my processor?

Retailer that will overclock my processor?

Sup?

I'm just wondering - does anyone happen to know of a shop or shop-brand that overclocks processors as part of their offered services? If so, where / what? How much do they charge? Also, are they held liable if they end up frying PCs?

Quote Originally Posted by joshuarepko View Post
    Sup?

I'm just wondering - does anyone happen to know of a shop or shop-brand that overclocks processors as part of their offered services? If so, where / what? How much do they charge? Also, are they held liable if they end up frying PCs?
    If there is a retailer stupid enough to do that, you can bet that they wouldn't be so stupid as to do it without covering their liability thoroughly before they start... You can bet that it will be at your own risk...

The only decent reason to do overclocking is to get more experience in working with the inner functions of a computer... Having someone else do it is not even logical... Given the speed of today's chips and the minimal improvement in speed from overclocking, why would you pay someone to do that?? If you have money to throw away, there are a lot of more reasonable ways to do it...
    Budfred ..... Caveat Emptor....

Helpful links SpywareBlaster... HijackThis... ATF Cleaner...

Post a complaint about malware here!!
    So how did I get infected in the first place??

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP member since 2004...

If you PM me for help, expect an irritated response... Post in the forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Budfred View Post
    If you have money to throw away, there are a lot of more reasonable ways to do it...
    Exactly... it would probable be cheaper to pay for a better CPU to start off.
    Don't fear the penguin - www.slackware.com

Quote Originally Posted by joshuarepko View Post
    Sup?

Good luck trying to persuade the retailer that they really really need to screw themselves out of sales profits just to sell you a stressed, failure-prone piece of equipment without even voiding the warranty of the product in question.

Thread Information