Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Norton Live update running in background

Angry Norton Live update running in background

Hello,
    I have been dealing with Norton's error LU1840 for some months and have been manually updating using Symantec Intelligent Updater. I am switching to another Antivirus system and would like to uninstall Norton but part way in to the uninstall, I get a messages stating that Live updater is running in the background. I have gone to the Norton Icon and changed my setting to "OFF" regarding my "run live update" but it still tells me it is running. Although it obviously isn't as I have had to do it manually for months. I just want the Norton uninstalled so I can use the installation disk to make a frisbee for my dog. Any help you can offer me (preferrably spoken in small, slow words) would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Download and run the Norton Removal tool. follow the directions for your version.
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...05033108162039
    "...wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream..." Roger Waters

Thread Information