Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Problem with switched mouse axis

Problem with switched mouse axis

My friend managed to get his mouse axis switched: when you move the mouse foward, the cursor goes left, if you move the mouse left, the cursor goes up.
    I have never seen anything like it.

The problem occured after restarting his pc, it seems he hadn't installed no new sofware or hardware, before that. This is a software problem(probably some settings altered), because the first time it happened a computer expert fixed it by changing something in the pc's(windows xp) options and without using extra software.

But now it occured again and i can't find any posts or tutorials regarding switched mouse axis.

Could somebody offer any advice or ideas on how could it be undone?

Response

I'd try removing the drivers for that mouse... restarting the pc with a different mouse and see what happens.. If all works, which it should. Then re-connect the other mouse and try again.

Thread Information