Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: The basement dude

The Cracked Windshield State aka Colorado

Exclamation The basement dude

There once was a stoner dude who was bored as he sat on the sofa watching the world go by. To amuse himself he took a great breath and sang out, "Check! Check! The Check is is in the mail!"
    The city dwellers came running down the stairs to help the dude find the check. But when they arrived at the bottom of the stairs, they found no check. The dude laughed at the sight of their angry faces.
    "Don't cry 'check', stoner dude," said the city dwellers, "when there's no check!" They went grumbling back up the stairs.
    Later, the dude sang out again, "Check! Check! The check is in the mail!" To his naughty delight, he watched the city dwellers run down the stairs to help him find the check.
    When the city dwellers saw no check they sternly said, "Save your frightened song for when there is really something wrong! Don't cry 'check' when there is NO check!"
    But the dude just grinned and watched them go grumbling up the stairs once more.
    Later, he saw a REAL check prowling in the mail. Alarmed, he leaped to his feet and sang out as loudly as he could, "Check! Check!"
    But the city dwellers thought he was trying to fool them again, and so they didn't come.
    At sunset, everyone wondered why the stoner dude hadn't returned to the city with their money. They went down the stairs to find the dude. They found him weeping.
    "There really was a check here! The belongings scattered! I cried out, "Check!" Why didn't you come?"
    An old man tried to comfort the dude as they walked back to the city.
    "We'll help you look for the lost check in the morning," he said, putting his arm around the youth, "Nobody believes a liar...even when he is telling the truth!"

------------------
    The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
    Ask me no questions I'll tell you no lies

Not real sure I get the joke, but do like your sig. Little sexist though, isn't it?? Not politically correct in our current, oh so careful, pc environment.

The Cracked Windshield State aka Colorado

Its just a lil' diddy dedicated to the man that rents a room from me.

I guess I'll change my current sig.

------------------
    From the hallowed legends of railroad lore comes the Deep Fried Core.
    Ask me no questions I'll tell you no lies

Oops...was just giving you a hard time..lol. Not serious about the "pc" thing, and told my husband about your sig and he thought it was funny. That pc stuff drives me up the walls sometimes..you know? Half the time when I am talking, I am racking my brain trying to remember the current "pc" term for whatever I am trying to say. IMHO, we've gone way overboard on it.

Thread Information