Last Updated on
WhatsApp is the worlds leading messaging app. Users can send messages and Photos worldwide for free. However, sometimes Users find that they are unable to share photos with their Whatsapp contacts.
Fixes and causes for this are similar to our guide on fixing WhatsApp messages not sending, however, there are a few differences, and we’ll go over them below.
WhatsApp Cannot Send Photos – Causes
Not being able to send photos on Whatsapp can be annoying and knowing the reasons why can help fix the issue and prevent it from happening again. The main culprit usually has to do with internet connectivity issues. Also, compatibility problems caused by having an outdated version of WhatsApp can cause issues with sending photos. Other reasons include app permissions, not having enough storage space on your phone, and having the wrong date and time on your phone.
WhatsApp Cannot Send Photos – Fixes
Check internet connection
Having a strong internet connection is requuired when sending photos this is due to their larger file sizes. To ensure normal internet function complete the following steps:
- Restart your modem and router
- Reconnect to the internet on your device.
- If using Wi-Fi move closer to the source as it will give a stronger signal.
- If available, using an ethernet cable will allow a strong and stable connection.
If you are on a mobile device switching from mobile data to a Wi-Fi network can fix the issue.
Sometimes the app can have its permissions restricted. This will stop the app from being able to operate properly. Giving the App permission will allow full functionality.
Follow these steps to give WhatsApp permissions.
- Open settings on your mobile phone ad select WhatsApp.
- Allow the required permissions to be active.
Sometimes using an older version of WhatsApp can cause there to be compatibility issues. Making sure you have the latest version can alleviate this.
- Open the Google Play Store or App Store for iOS.
- Search for WhatsApp.
- If there is an update available then download and install it.
Ensure enough storage space
When sending a photo through whatsapp it must first be saved on to your phone. If there isn’t enough space on your phone then the photo cannot be sent.
In order to do this you will need to:
- Go to phone settings.
- Select storage.
- Remove the required files to ensure that there is enough space.
Set the correct date and time
Having the wrong date and time on your phone will sometimes stop WhatsApp from connecting to its servers and having the wrong date and time error occur.
- Open the settings app.
- Select general.
- Then select date and time
- Enable automatic date and time.
After reading through and following these steps you should be able to fix the issue with WhatsApp not being able to send photos to contacts. If you are still experiencing issues then you should contact WhatsApp support directly.
- Now read: WhatsApp cannot send messages