Last Updated on
After two years, July welcomes the return of Prime Day, and smart home deals are right on our watch list. The discount event often throws up useful home tech offers worth picking up. And we’ll be keeping our eyes open for bundles, savings and any downright steals to help you find the best prices this side of Black Friday.
Prime Day Smart Home deals
A range of Amazon’s own smart home devices – and selected other products – feature in the Prime Day deals. We’ve highlighted our pick of the best offers below. All of which should be available, stock dependent, until the end of Wednesday, July 13th.
- Up to 40% off Govee LED light strips – shop here
- Up to $199 off Blink Smart Home Security Camera kits – here
- Up to 60% off Blink Outdoor Cam Kit bundles with Echo Show 5 (2nd Gen) – here
- Up to 50% off Blink floodlight camera bundles – here
- Up to 51% off Ring Cameras and Bundles – here
- Echo Dot (4th Gen) | Glacier White with Sengled Bluetooth Color bulb – Save $44.99
- NETGEAR 4-Stream WiFi 6 Router (R6700AX) – Save $56.50
- Up to 54% off Blink Smart Home Security Cameras – here
- Up to 50% off Blink smart home doorbells bundles – here
- Fire TV Stick Lite with latest Alexa Voice Remote Lite (no TV controls) – Save $33 CAD
- Echo Dot (4th Gen) | Smart speaker with clock and Alexa – Save $37 CAD
- TP-Link AX3000 WiFi 6 Smart WiFi Router – Save $59 CAD
- Up to 41% off Govee LED light strips – shop here
- Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote – Save £27
- Blink Outdoor HD security camera (2-Camera System) + Echo Show 5 – Save £141.99
- Ring Stick Up Cam Battery White + Echo Show 5 | 2nd generation (2021) – Save £104.99
- Up to 47% off selected routers – here
When is Amazon Prime Day?
This year Prime Day returns to July and will run across July 12th and 13th. So it’s back to its usual time in the year, having previously shifted to October and then June because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
You’ll want to make sure you’re a Prime Day member to be able to pick up any smart home deals you do see. But if you’re not yet signed up, you can pick up a 30-day free trial:
What smart home deals will be available on Prime Day?
For Prime Day 2022 expect various smart home products, from some of the major manufacturers in this category. So that means TP-Link, ASUS, and Netgear for networking options, with Ring and Yale being the main players for your home security needs.
Of course, Google offers a range of smart home products, some of which may feature. These include cameras, thermostats, speakers, and lights. Amazon has its own smart home products too. For lighting, Philips will likely be featured among deals on smart bulbs.
In terms of what to expect for discount percentages, based on previous Prime Days, we think that you should be able to secure yourself between 5 and 30% savings.
Is Amazon Prime Day a good time to get Smart Home Deals?
We’d say so. Given the potential discounts available Prime Day smart home shopping makes sense. It’s probably one of the best opportunities to get discounts on devices before Black Friday. And, in theory, it means you can kit out your house for less.
You’ll certainly want to ensure that the deals are good before you part with your money, but we’ll help with that. We’ll give our honest opinion on all smart home and Prime Day deals we come across.
More best Prime Day Deals in 2022
We’ll be covering a range of categories for top deals this Prime Day. Keep an eye on our Best Prime Day deals page, but don’t forget the category-specific pages below.