Best PS5 keyboard and mouse combo in 2024: Our top compatible choices
If the PlayStation 5 is your console of choice, it doesn’t mean you’re bound to Sony’s DualSense controller. The PS5 offers both keyboard and mouse support. In fact, a good keyboard and mouse combination can make a big difference in your gaming performance – especially for first-person multiplayer shooters requiring precision and timing. That’s why we have pulled together our detailed list, outlining what are our favourite keyboard and mouse combos for PS5.
We’ve selected this list based on products that we feel offer increased speed and response time, precision, durability, customization, and comfort. Below you’ll find a five combinations cherry-picked to suit any budget. Now let’s find the perfect combination for you.
What are the benefits of using a keyboard and mouse for PS5?
While controllers tend to be the default for those playing on PS5 or any console for that matter, they do come with some significant disadvantages – especially evident if you’re playing games that require precise aiming. The benefits of a good mouse are as follows:
- A mousepad allows for greater movement and more precision due to the greater surface area
- Faster movement so long as the dots per inch (DPI) is high
- Can be fully customized to allow for unique settings and inputs
- Lack of a ‘dead zone’ found in the controller – and improved movement acceleration
There are some drawbacks to those who have not used a keyboard and mouse combination, which we have summarized below:
- It takes time and practice to get used to a keyboard and mouse set up – so don’t expect to win games from the off
- It’s expensive – even with our more budget options, you will need to invest in more equipment
- Not all PS5 games support keyboard and mouse, so make sure to check your favourite games are compatible
Products at a Glance
Redragon K552-BA Mechanical Gaming Keyboard and Ergonomic M602A-RGB Griffin Gaming Mouse Combo
How we picked the best keyboard and mouse combos For PS5
Finding the best keyboard and mouse combo out of the lot can be confusing. We have simplified the search for you by evaluating the top 5 keyboard and mouse combo for PS5 based on type, buttons and macros, responsiveness, price, and built quality. Besides these factors, compatibility is one of the most important aspects that needs to be considered.
When picking the best keyboard and mouse combos for PS5, we made sure to look into the user experience and prioritized products with good reviews. These tended to be from trusted brands already well established in the tech world. Devices with poor feedback or dodgy results did not make the cut.
Here at PC Guide, we know our stuff. You can rest assured knowing that the keyboard and mouse combos on list exceed expectations. We’ve also got some more great buying guides if this isn’t quite what you’re looking for. Check out our guide to the best gaming keyboard, for example. Alternatively, we have some good round-ups of the best gaming mouse, and best budget gaming mouse for those with a stricter spending limit. If you’re after something specific, guide to Logitech gaming keyboard here.
There are many keyboard and mouse combos compatible with PS5, perfect if you play a lot of Call of Duty: Warzone or Elder Scrolls: Online and want to get an edge. Here are some of the best options we could find, along with their pros and cons to help you choose better:
Best PS5 keyboard and mouse combo in 2024: Our top compatible choices
- Programmable key and button options
- Customizable RGB lighting using iCUE software
- Easy installation as it comes with plug-and-play functionality
- Membrane and noisy keyboard
- Ambidextrous mouse
- No weight adjustment provisions
If you’re not looking to spend a ton of cash on a keyboard and mouse combo or PS5, then this pairing could be absolutely perfect for you. The Corsair K55 RGB PRO and HARPOON RGB PRO are compatible with each other and are truly a match made in Heaven, blending stunning, clean looks with the performance to back it up.
We love the cool RGB lighting features, which make this combo a great option for those already with RGB lighting in your gaming setup. Plus, there’s super easy installation, which makes getting started a breeze. The keyboard comes with programmable keys and features IP42 protection, which protects your hardware against spills and dust build up. We think it’s the perfect partner for the Harpoon RGB Pro, which gives you precise control thanks to its 12,000 DPI optical sensor and Omron switches rated for more than 20 million clicks.
A couple of drawbacks with keyboard. It can get pretty noisy and there aren’t any weight adjustment options, not that this would bother those used to, say, chunky mechanical keyboards. Don’t let this put you off, however. Even in 2024, and with new models likely on the horizon, this is still a budget but very effective keyboard and mouse combination.
- Wireless and lightweight designs for extra comfort
- Excellent connectivity and responsiveness
- Long-lasting battery
- Lack of ergonomic features
- No RGB lighting
Now, we’re heading into the more expensive options. The Razer Turret is a fantastic choice if you’re searching for a wireless keyboard and mouse set for the PS5 – but be prepared to pay a premium. The good news is that Both Xbox and PS5 are compatible with this combination, so if you have both consoles, this could make a lot of sense. Despite being quite expensive, it is a wonderful choice for gamers who desire excellent connectivity and a great battery life, along with some trademark Razer flair.
Both the mouse and keyboard in this combo come with first-rate connectivity and response times – perfect for first-person shooters such as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Thanks to Razer’s Adaptive Frequency Technology and a single unified dongle that connects the keyboard and mouse wirelessly, the system continuously scans and ensures you’re connected to the best frequency to ensure the smoothest response time. Coupled with over 40 hours of battery life in a single charge and you start to see why this piece of kit is on the more expensive end of the spectrum. You’ll also get a built in mouse mat, which slides out from the under the keyboard, ergonomic wrist support system, plus an ‘industry leading mouse’ that boasts a durability of up to 50 million clicks.
- An affordable pick
- High DPI Mouse for precise and quick movements
- Programmable buttons for easy customization
- Lightweight and comfortable headset for long gaming session3s
- Membrane and noisy keyboard may cause an inconvenience while gaming
- No RGB lighting
You get plenty of bang for your buck with this bundle, which has everything you need to play online. The Razer Power Up Bundle consists of a keyboard, mouse, mouse pad, and headset to give you a killer gaming experience all in one box. The downside, given the price you can’t expect the products to be the very top of the line – but this is absolutely ideal for those not looking to spend a fortune and still have a decent peripherals set up.
So, what’s in the box? (Bear in mind this is the V1 and not V2 version of the Power Up Bundle). You’ll get a Razer Cynosa Lite Gaming Keyboard, a Viper Ambidextrous Wired Gaming Mouse and Kraken X Lite Gaming Headset Bundle. The Cynosa is an entry level product, but will be more than fine for those dipping their toe into keyboard and mouse gaming. The mouse meanwhile packs a bit more of a punch, with a 99.4% resolution accuracy in a slick, light-weight package. Finally, the Kraken X Lite headset promises crystal clear sound and comfort for extended gaming sessions.
We’re also big fans of the easy-to-customize programmable buttons. You can input command shortcuts into the keyboard, and the setup is pretty straightforward. This keyboard and mouse combo set is a good option for beginner gamers as it offers good performance for the price. But if you are looking for higher-end equipment, this combo may not match your expectations.
- Compact keyboard
- RGB lighting
- Keyboard is a little noisy
- Lacks ergonomic features
The Redragon K552-BA Mechanical Gaming Keyboard and Ergonomic M602A-RGB Griffin Gaming Mouse Combo remains one of the best options out there, despite more and more competition coming its way. This combo comes with a mechanical keyboard, so beware of the noise, and a customizable mouse.
If you’re after a compact keyboard, you can’t go far wrong with this option. The Redragon K552-BA is a small but mighty piece of kit, with snazzy RGB lighting that makes a statement. Under the hood are fast mechanical keys with medium resistance precise actuation and tactile feedback. As it’s a mechanical keyboard, you’ll get a satisfying and weight sound each time a key is pressed. Twelve multimedia keys are splash-proof to protect against any accidents.
The mouse meanwhile supports up to 7200 DPI and despite being wired, will not get in the way. This is thanks to its ergonomic shape, which fits comfortably in your hand. Tuned buttons also help stave off fatigue, rounding off what is an incredible combination for the price.
- A budget-friendly pick
- Customizable buttons and keys
- Wireless mouse for more freedom while gaming
- High DPI on mouse
- No RGB lighting
- Membrane Keyboard
Though the Logitech G213 Keyboard and G305 Lightspeed Mouse are two different gaming peripherals, they can be combined if you’re looking for a PS5 combo. This combination brings the best of both keyboard and mouse features, thereby offering you an unforgettable gaming experience at a price that isn’t to be sniffed at.
The G213 offers a comfortable wrist rest which is perfect for marathon gaming session, and comes with a spill-resistant design for any messy gamers. Like some of the other options on this list, it comes with programmable function buttons. Like some of the other options, the G213 features a membrane and keyframe designed to combat spills and accidents. It’s proven to withstand a 60ml liquid rating. Elsewhere, there’s a two-level adjustment that allows you to get the right height and angle, while dedicated media controls can be used to play, pause, and mute music and videos instantly.
What to consider when buying a keyboard and mouse combo for PS5
Considering just one parameter is not enough when looking forward to investing in a keyboard and mouse combo. You must assess a particular combo from every aspect for a best buy. If assessing everything has confused you more, we are here to help. Here are some of the most important things to keep in mind when buying a keyboard and mouse combo for PS5:
- Type of keyboard and mouse: Check if the keyboard and mouse fall under the Membrane, mechanical, wireless, or wired category. Mechanical keyboards are preferred by many gamers due to their tactile and audible feedback, which can enhance typing and gaming experiences. They offer more precise keypresses and are generally more durable. However, they tend to be noisier. On the other hand, membrane keyboards are quieter and often more affordable. They have a softer keypress, which some gamers may find less satisfying for gaming. The choice between mechanical and membrane keyboards depends on personal preference. Mice tend to be either wired or operate through a wireless Bluetooth connection.
- Size of keyboard: Have a think about if you want a full-size keyboard or smaller one. Keyboards come in a range of sizes, and what you might need depends on what purpose you need it for.
- Customization: Check if the combo has programmable buttons and macros. Some games benefit greatly from additional programmable buttons that can streamline actions and commands.
- Price: Check the price of the combo to see if it fits within your budget. You’ll want to find a combo that offers good value for your budget. While premium options can provide top-notch performance and features, there are also budget-friendly choices that can still deliver satisfactory performance for most gamers.
- Responsiveness: Gaming is all about quick and precise actions. Hence, it is important to check the responsiveness factors of the combo you go for. A high polling rate (measured in Hz) ensures that your mouse responds quickly to your movements. Look for a mouse with a polling rate of at least 500Hz for gaming. Furthermore, consider DPI (dots per inch). A higher DPI allows for more precise cursor movement. Gamers often prefer mice with adjustable DPI settings so they can tailor sensitivity to their preferences and game type.
- Durability: Invest in gaming peripherals with good built quality and design to suit your style and usage. Gaming peripherals are often subject to heavy use, so it’s crucial that they can withstand frequent gaming sessions.
Is it good to use a keyboard and mouse for PS5?
Although the classic tried-and-tested controllers for PS5 have their uses on most games, a keyboard and mouse can be very useful. This is especially true for PS5 games which require a high degree of accuracy, including first person shooters and rollercoaster games. A keyboard can also be quicker for typing in commands or using search tools.
Can I play Fortnite on PS5 with keyboard and mouse?
Yes, you can play Fortnite on PlayStation 5 with a keyboard and mouse. This means any keyboard and mouse bundle we’ve featured on this list is compatible with Fortnite.
Based on our research, the Corsair K55 RGB PRO + HARPOON RGB PRO Combo takes the lead here as it offers all the features a gamer needs. From looks to comfort and performance, this combo stands out. But every gamer is different, and so are their needs. If you are a beginner, investing in a bundle pack is a wise choice. However, assembling a combo is a good option if you invest in high-end equipment. Happy Gaming!