Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Ie9

Ie9

I downloaded and installed the beta version of IE9 on my netbook—I won’t put a beta version on my desktop. Microsoft claims it’s as fast as Google Chrome. Well—it’s not. At least on my netbook it’s not. Google Chrome leaves IE9 in the dust. So far I can’t say that I like it better than IE8 as it has some things that are missing on the toolbar. Or maybe they are there but I have yet to find them. I suppose that the reason the toolbar, as it exists on IE8, is missing is because that’s what is supposed to make it more “clean and streamlined.” You’ve heard the adage, “It’s hard to teach an old dog new tricks.” I guess I’m like that old dog. I suppose some of the other members have installed it. What's your thoughts on it?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    No One Stands So Tall As When They Stoop To Help A Child.
    Life is more accurately measured by the lives you touch than by the things you acquire.
    ~Author unknown~

I have not messed around with IE9 beta yet.
    I have tried out the new Chrome and Firefox 4 betas.

Frank,
    You should know you're too old to test drive the latest-greatest-meanest-fastest "ride" these days! Who knows, you could blow out a hip/knee replacement!

This old dog just let's his master update FF (fido's food) automatically. I don't even notice the difference in the taste...

Thread Information