Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Download googlemail & yahoo mail using MS outlook?

Download googlemail & yahoo mail using MS outlook?

I am using MS Outlook
    I have two webmail accounts

googlemail and yahoo account
    how can I use outlook to download emails from this account
    it is easily done with my hotmail account

How about googlemail?

Last edited by Paul Komski; 09-24-2006 at 09:43 AM.
    Take nice care of yourselves - Paul - ♪ -
    Help to start using BiNG. Some stuff about Boot CDs & Data Recovery Basics & Back-up using Knoppix.

I have configured the accounts as per gmail, hotmail and yahoo.

Where hotmail accounts are in separate inbox folder in outlook under hotmail account so it is easy to distinguish
    both gmail and yahoo all the mail is being inboxed in the same inbox so can't tell them apart

How do I solve the problem????

You will need to create a rule to filter the mail for you. Create a folder for each account in your Inbox, say Yahoo and Gmail. Then do a simple rule using the rules wizard to say deliver all mail with "@gmail.com" in the To get put in Gmail folder. Same for Yahoo in a seperate rule. Should get you going.

Also keep in mind that you will have one default account for sending mail. This account will be used when you create a new mail message, but can be manually changed. When replying to a mesage you will use whichever account the original message was sent to.
    Erik

Thread Information